1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD 2009 Upton Bass Gary Karr Model w/ C Extension

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by orange-man, Mar 10, 2016.

1. orange-man

orange-man

Nov 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    $5300
    Strings:
    You are looking at a beautiful 2009 Upton Bass Hybrid Gary Karr Edition. This is the third bass ever made in the series and the first to be sold to the public, with numbers 1 and 2 belonging to Upton Bass and Mr. Karr himself. The Karr model received the highest possible award for tone at 2009 ISB convention. The first 20 basses in this series came with an original Gary Karr signature on the inside sticker. The bass features a stunning deep matte finish. The bass has a 41" string length, a "D" neck, and is fitted with a Chris Threlkeld-Wiegand "C" extension, featuring gorgeous redwood inlays. (A $2,000+ addition) Players will be taken aback by how incredibly easy the instrument is to play. The slopped shoulders, thin neck and petite body allow even the novice player to navigate the instrument like Mr. Karr himself. The flat back produces a clear and present tone quality that can be utilized in both classical and jazz; solo or orchestral. The bass also comes equipped with Upton's trademark Revolution Solo pickup, custom fitted to the bridge of this instrument. (A $189 addition) Upton's craftsmanship is second to none. Mr. Karr was a key contributor to the development of the instrument. This bass can do it all and possesses a rich tone quality that can be produced with ease. This bass has served me very well and it is difficult to part with it. It's a very special instrument and is ideal for players of all ages and all genres.

Bass is in excellent condition. It is currently strung with Evah Weichs on the G, D and A strings and a Pirastro Permanent low C string.

Local pickup only, located in the Chicago area. Bass only, no case included.
    IMG_0246FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0254FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0256FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0257FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0261FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0263FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0268FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0272FQ-Resize.jpg IMG_0273FQ-Resize.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Robert Kopec

Robert Kopec

Mar 9, 2002
    Fair Oaks ,N.Y.
    DR String endorsee
    That extension is beautiful....!

3. I'm Jonesin' for this one dude. Sure hope I get some bread fast.

4. tmw

tmw Gold Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Delmar, NY
    That is one beautiful Bass. GLWTS

Rod Sroufe likes this.
  5. Is the bass still for sale?

6. orange-man

orange-man

Nov 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, it is still for sale. Please let me know if you have any questions.

7. I'll be in Chicago from 6/21-6/24. If it is still for sale, I'd love to come check it out.

8. Jeff Banasek

Jeff Banasek

Jul 9, 2016
    Hello. I live in Lombard and would like to see (play) the bass if it is still available. If it is still available, are there are cracks, splits or other repairs that should be noted?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022