1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2009 vs 2010 American deluxe P bass pickguard Difference?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by antoniolopez90, Jul 12, 2012.

1. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

Mar 6, 2011
    OK so my first build a custom PJ bass I promise I'll make a thread :smug:

While I realize the control of layouts are different, I was wondering if someone could tell me if the actual dimensions of these 2 pickguards are the same. So I can order parts! :help:

Any help would be great thanks:bassist:

2. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

Mar 6, 2011
    Ok so my test of will it fit! Printed out pdf outline from terrapin pickguards and layed it over the body I have for my project. From what I could tell it was the 2009 american deluxe as it only had 4 control holes. It didnt fit :crying:

Anybody know where to buy a 2010+ american deluxe pbass pickguard?

3. Go to Fender.com and look up the part numbers and see if they are the same.

4. antoniolopez90

antoniolopez90

Mar 6, 2011
  5. At Fender.com look under "Support" and then "service diagrams" and download appropriate year/model. First you will see the diagram and then on the next page starts the part numbers and description.
    I took a quick look but did not see anything newer than 2005. Take a look and see if you find what you need. My guess is the two year models use the same pickguard but I'm not positive. A Fender dealer could look it up for you more accurately.
    Rocky