1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

<200US$ Multi-FX?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stealth, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Along with taking bass lessons at one of the better Croatian bassists around so I'd have some organized practice, I've been considering getting a multi-FX box to expand my sound a bit and maybe find something... well, "proggy" would be the best way to describe, as my goal is to get a progressive act sometime in life. :smug: Ergo, I'm looking for a solid jack-of-all-trades box that can at least give me a good idea on what effects I'd really need to buy independently later on.

Anyhow, since I don't exactly earn too much, I've imposed a limit of about 200 US bucks for the multi-FX. Of the more common companies, I've seen Zoom, Korg and Boss pedals floating around in Croatia. Of all those (and any others you know of), which pedals would you suggest that are under that price limit, yet give off a solid sound and are solid enough not to crack when I step on it? For instance, the Korg AX10B looked fragile, yet I've had a few serious recommendations for it.

Would appreciate any input. :D

2. kevinmoore73

kevinmoore73 Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    You might want to check out the Zoom B2.1u

3. I got a used Boss GT6B for $200 (with shipping). I am still getting used to it, but like most Boss stuff it is built like a tank.

Todd

4. I haven't used any of the mutli's that are out these days but if I could make one recommendation it would be that you try to find something that doesn't require you to hit two switches at the same time to bypass. I always found that really annoying. It's also very annoying when there's a bit of a delay between patch changes or between on and bypass.

5. definitely zoom b2.1u, no delays when you change patches

6. I'd suggest buying used from TB forums or other sources online - you'll get much more for your $. If you're doing that though I would suggest boss (not for sounds, for legendary reliability/bulletproofness) and it seems quite a few people like their recent bass multieffects. And try out the same unit locally before you buy if you can (not easy, but worthwhile).

Steve

7. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Also, Boss and Zoom are about to release new top of the line Bass multi-fx units, which will surely increase the numbers second hand units available when people decide to upgrade!

8. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    +1
    I bought a Digitech BP200 a couple years ago, and it is pretty much useless for any kind of live playing.