2010 - 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Sep 15, 2004.

1. We've seen it with the P bass and more recently, the Strat. Maybe even with the Tele, but I haven't checked. Anyways, when 2010 rolls around, Fender will likely release 2 Jazzes - Probably a 1960-style, stacked knob J in sunburst and a tortoise guard, released only by the custom shop, and another, more recent kind of anniversary version. The P bass one was an American P with more attention to quality, etc. The Strat's 50th anniversary edition was an American Deluxe with more attention to detail, I assume. What will the Jazz be?

They could just take an American Jazz and make it a little better, like they did with the P. However, while the P has mostly remained unchanged over the years, and tends to prefer the passive interface, the Jazz varies so much and is found on tons of basses, including active electronics.

I'd like to see an American Jazz, full sized with 20 frets, with the new Samarium Cobalt Noiseless p-ups (or whatever noiseless pickups they've got 6 years from now) with the active preamp they've got on the American Deluxes. It would be fitting to make such a mixture of old and new to commemerate the 50th anniversary of the Jazz.