1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2010 Corvette Rockbass $$ 5 String FS $675

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crustychef, Apr 9, 2010.

1. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Selling 2010 Corvette Rockbass $$ 5 String. For get anything you know about pre-2010 rock basses. I hated them too. This thing really surprised me. It' much more true to a real Warwick. Plays nice and smooth. The neck is not much wider than my Stingray 4 string but the string spacing still doesn't seem cramped like on my old Ibanez SR755.
    The tone ranges from crystal clear and smooth to crazy powerful aggressive sound. I played with the EQ a bit a got some Pbass tones out of the front pick up and then soloed the bridge for a Stingray feel. The Pbass tone is like a Pbass on steroids though. Chunky but huge, round and full. I mostly played with the bridge PU at half way and the neck only at a quarter turn. Very growly and focused with lots of low mids roaring though. Oh, it has a push pull on both p/u's for series or parallel. That was one thing that really sold me. I loved my Stingray but it sounded almost lifeless next to this thing. The $$ is easier to play too, even only after 2 days of having it. The fret spacing is just perfect for me and the smooth buttery neck is awesome. Only reason I have it up for sale is that I really want a Thumb BO5.
    Retail price is $899 new before tax and shipping. This guy is only 3 months old, never scene a gig, just my living room and a few band rehearsals so I am asking $675 shipped anywhere CONUS. International buyers are OK but it will cost considerably more to ship. Paypal only please.

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=17072&katID=22911&cl=EN

xmas09008.
    xmas09009.
    xmas09010.
    xmas09011.
    xmas09012.
    xmas09013.

2. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Oh, yeah and it comes with a gig bag. Nothing fancy but it will keep it dry when it rains. I also just put a new set of DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams on it too. Not a fan of the factory string that came with it.

3. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    bump!!

4. ImMoreBetter

ImMoreBetter

Jan 26, 2009
    Minnesota
    If I could justify another bass at the moment, I would totally swing for this. :(

5. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    justification is over rated IMO :)

6. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Somebody please buy this quickly...I can't be trusted.

7. Helluva deal!

If fretless, I suspect I would've been your buyer. I have the Warwick Corvette $$ in black. The red is awesome. Green is also very kool.

8. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Hey, at this price you could just get a defret job and still come out ahead of the new price.

9. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    BUY IT

10. ImMoreBetter

ImMoreBetter

Jan 26, 2009
    Minnesota
    Heh, check your PMs. ;)

11. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009