1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2010 Fender American Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Silas Martinez, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Looking to sell my 2010 American Standard Precision Bass. Olympic white, maple fretboard, tortoise pickguard. Fitted with straplocks and a comfort strap. Currently strung with chromes.

Has all the case candy, and the original hard case (the new style fender cases, with the TSA locks).

In very good to excellent condition. I've played it less than 40 hours, never gigged. Always stored in the case. Only blemish is a little marring of the pickguard near the truss rod adjustment.

Pictures available here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/116999890932057896544/albums/5694561361026158225

Hoping to get around[DEL] $1000 $900[/DEL] $850, shipped within the states for it. I'm not playing bass these days, and only keeping one instrument, just in case - and I moved to fiddle, go figure - so I'm not interested in trades.

2. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    What a beauty! Bump because I have no $$$$.

3. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Not much interest here. Am I too high?

Hmm. How's $900?

4. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Bump..

5. I'll throw out a bump for not having quite enough dough at the moment!

6. Cant believe nobody is getting this thing! If I had the cash I'd be all over it! Im just a few hundred short.. Ha. This thing is a beauty!

7. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Aaron.

Its great - if I hadn't found a love for irish trad and fiddling, I'd certainly be keeping it.

8. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    By way of clarification, I'm looking to sell this to upgrade the fiddle. So, if you have a violin you're looking to trade, I may be interested - otherwise, as noted, I'm not looking for any trades - thanks!

9. gokhansahinkaya

gokhansahinkaya

Jan 23, 2012
    still for sale?

10. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Still available.

11. For real!? Nobody has got this thing yet!? Thats gotta be one of the most delicious P's i've seen! If only my stupid tax return was a little more...:crying:

12. Weight?

13. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Weighs in at a not-too-light 10.2 on my bathroom scale, including the comfort strap and straplocks, which I was planning on including with it.

14. mikeddd

mikeddd Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    If the Spector in my sig sold tonight, I'd buy your bass tomorrow. On a side note, your reason for selling is the best ever. No "I don't use this" or "not my thing" or "I prefer a 5'er". No. Your reason is "I play the fiddle now." That, is the best "I'm selling this bass" reason EVER.

ps
    Not trying to derail. But how do you upgrade a fiddle? Bridge pickup or something like on an acoustic guitar? I started on guitar and moved over to bass a couple of years ago so I sort of understand the changing instruments thing. Though YOUR change is like...becoming an alien or something. ;)

15. Cant wait to get this beauty!

16. Mr Crowley

Mr Crowley Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    PM sent

17. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    After sitting for a while (no surprise, the holidays...) this beauty is sold.

18. Silas Martinez

Silas Martinez

Jan 17, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yes, it is kind of like becoming an alien. In a lot of ways..

As far as how to upgrade? Simple, in my case - replace. :)

19. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Please close thread. Thanks ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.