1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2010 Fender USA P Bass - Only $3250!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by -=DanAtkinson=-, May 11, 2011.

1. Wow, what a bargain!

FENDER P BASS, SOLID ALDER, US S/N 2010 N. 62 RI BODY! | eBay

It amazes me when I see auctions like this. And obviously the guy is experienced on eBay. How can he believe someone would pay $3250 for this? Heck, I could grab a late 60's P for that much.

Maybe the "solid alder" is what makes it so valuable.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    /double facepalm.

3. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    you know it's a scam when you have words, "finaly", misspelled and phrases "for the pro who remembers when both in beauty and in sound." make not much sense.

4. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Solid alder, as opposed to liquid. There are a lot of crackheads on Ebay.
    Are these $1500--$2000 new? If I'm going to spend 2K I'll get something a little more fantastic or out of the ordinary.

5. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL

$3250 . . . not in a million years. I can buy three or four really nice basses for that which will play and sound just as good or better. But perhaps in someone's mind this is a good deal . . not mine though :rollno:

6. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    If the strings are new, it's seems like a good deal !

7. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Once in a while an eBay auction comes along that is just so "special" I am left speechless. This is one of those times.

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    How can someone say this is the best sounding bass ever, and the neck feels amazing, then in the next sentence say 'its never been played!'?

9. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    And there you have just one example why this listing is so awesome.

10. DTF

DTF

Feb 14, 2010
    queens
    this isnt the first time he listed this , last time he said it was an avri , its the same buffed out highway one with some reissue parts , someone should report him

Edit just looked at the pics on the site and it isnt a hwy one body

in the item description it says he almost forgot to charge for his luthery and some parts apparently that was 2300 dollars

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can't really blame the guy for trying. Some rich housewife might see it and think it's a great gift for her husband and go for it. By the looks of it and the time he spent putting into the listing, I bet he's done it before with some success.

12. MelodiousThump

MelodiousThump

Jul 4, 2006
    Check out the video (if you dare). "The bridge has plenty of room to lower and higher the strings."

13. Awesome YouTube vid though. I especially like how he repeatedly mispronounces Al-der.

And- "You can pick up covers on ebay; cheap."

Only $40 for shipping though, that ain't bad.

14. I think you've missed your calling, Dan.

15. johnboy65

johnboy65

May 22, 2009
    "PERCISION BASS"

This whole listing rules my world

16. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    I'm going to print it out and frame it and hang it on the wall next to my computer for future reference when listing stuff on eBay. Pure gold.

17. DTF

DTF

Feb 14, 2010
    queens
    just clicked other videos on youtube, man now Ive got hours of free entertainment

18. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Fellas, I had to call him out. Here's what I sent him:

"3300 for a frankenstein that you are calling a 62 RI?! I can get a genuine 62 for that! Not to mention the fact that the brand new 62 USA RI goes for 1450 at GC! 3300?! I don't think so. Put the crackpipe down."

What a nut! :p

19. IanAllison

IanAllison Supporting Member

May 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
  20. basmicke

basmicke

May 31, 2008
    It's a Percision bass, wow!