1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2010 Ken Smith BSR6GN

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassicg, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Price:
    $2900
    Strings:
    Greetings all! This is the one I often told my friends I'd never let go. I love this bass dearly as it has been my main player for the past 5 years or so. Nevertheless, I have gravitated to playing 5-string 95% of the time. Again, I absolutely love this bass, but it's a lot to have just lying in a case when I could use the funds in so many different ways. I have vowed not to be a bass hoarder!! At some point I'm maybe I will pick up another in a 5. This is a 2010 Ken Smith BSR6GN with the coveted sycamore top! Anyone who has ever played or touched one of these instruments can attest to the fact that they play easier than most five strings and of course who needs a description of the Smith tone?
    These basses are the ultimate instrument for jazz fusion R&B, gospel and actually fits right in with rock and todays top hits stuff. Overall, the tone is distinctively Ken Smith all the way which is a tone unlike anything else out there. It's deep, warm and growly in the lower and mid registers and the treble response is clear with sweet bell like resonance. Playing in the upper register you'll find the chordal technique extremely musical.
    Comes with hard shell original Smith case. At $2,900 this ones priced to go! Buyer pays actual shipping. Screenshot_2017-11-19-21-26-20-1. Screenshot_2017-11-19-21-26-14-1. Screenshot_2017-11-19-21-25-48-1. Screenshot_2017-11-19-21-26-06-1.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    That is an insane price. It probably won't last a day! GLWTS

jebmd, bassicg and Scott Lynch like this.
  3. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Yes Sir, It is a crazy price targeted at that buy it now buyer!

jebmd likes this.
  4. awakeme1897

awakeme1897 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Peter
    crazy... how's the weight?

5. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    10.3 lbs

jebmd likes this.
  6. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Just a note: I have my eye on a special bass right now and if it gets away this ad will come down. Once I pull it, the price on the Smith will be adjusted to represent it's value more accurately, which of course, is higher, and the instrument will be re-listed. :) I would however love to see someone take advantage of this opportunity as not only do I become elated when getting a good deal, but when I see others get great deals it makes me just as happy. :hyper::hyper:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    jebmd likes this.
  7. Oooh! drool

bassicg likes this.
  8. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Good lord..................:woot:

bassicg likes this.
  9. benjobass

benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC
    Stupid good deal. If I didn't already own a near exact 2017 version I'd be all over this. GLWTS.

[edit] Here's mine:
    Ken Smith BSRWTE - 2.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    sleevey55 and bassicg like this.
  10. vep63

vep63

Dec 27, 2004
    The ATL, GA
    U have a PM

11. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Congrats- enjoy the bass you’re going after. ;-)

bassicg likes this.
  12. irbass

irbass

Jun 16, 2011
    Charlotte - NC
    $#$%^%. Holly, I lost it.
    I'm kind of trying to go into ken smith basses. I don't want to pay 5k for one just to give a try.
    but it's what it is.
    Nice bass

bassicg likes this.
  13. bassicg

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    :hyper::smug:....and gone!
    Thanks Jeb! Ya know... a couple times I tried seriously to hunt back down that six string Smith fretless I bought from you! Boy do I miss that bass. Nevertheless, the situation on the bass I was after, ended up falling through. After I explained to one of my PM senders that I was taking it down thread to relist, (as my ad said I would) he was happy to give me what I would have asked in my relisting. This allowed me to nab another bass that I had my eye on. And after thinking about it, the purchase of this bass made much more sense then did the one I had decided to sell the Smith for in the first place.:roflmao:

jebmd likes this.