1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2010 Larrivee RS-2 Satin Mahogany P-90s Beauty!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by sunbeast, Apr 24, 2015.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    725 obo
    Looking for a quality Telecaster, Jazzmaster, or possibly Jaguar in trade- or some nice derivative thereof. Other possibilities include G&L- an ASAT Classic, Bluesboy or maybe Special, or a Rickenbacker (bass or guitar). I am fond of weird, don't mind well-thought modifications or honest wear. I also have a soft-spot for Japanese Fender copies, but might stick to local only for that sort of trade.

I pined for one of these for awhile and finally got one in my fave natural mahogany that I've been loving, but all the guitar tones I have been yearning for lately have been more in the chimey/twangy Fender camp so I've decided I just need to bite the bullet and move on! If you haven't tried one of these, it is like a much more comfortable/light/ergonomic/consistent Gibson with all the tone (and then some!). And made in the USA in the same factory as some of the best acoustic guitars around (IMHO). Comes with the original case in great condition.

The stock P-90s are hand-wound by Larrivee and rival any I've ever heard for warmth and punch. Its currently wearing some Lawrence noiseless P-90s with push/pull pots for series/single-coil/parallel operation in my failed attempt to try to squeeze some more Telecaster-esque tone from it. Honestly the stock Larrivee pickups are far better and more interesting sounding P-90s, and I will replace the stock electronics unless someone really wants the Lawrence pups instead.

The guitar is in pretty good condition- has a few scratches I tried to photograph, most of which could probably be repaired with minimal work due to the satin finish. There is a little glossing in the finish in the pick area below the strings and at the elbow contour as tends to happen with a satin finish- these could definitely be "satined" out again with some light abrasive polishing (or you could add a pickguard as some of these have- though I much prefer it without!). The bridge hardware is showing some light patina as well that could be polished out. It looks like a previous owner tried to raise the bridge height with the bridge locked down at some point and so the height screw is a little bit up on the treble side as can be seen in the pics- still works great though.

The neck on this guy is super comfortable- a nice and fairly shallow gentle-C. It is fast and sets up straight and clean with low action and no real fret wear. The tuners are Kluson Deluxe and are super stable. Feel free to ask any questions I forgot to address! IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1316.JPG IMG_1291.JPG IMG_1290.JPG IMG_1295.JPG IMG_1293.JPG IMG_1294.JPG IMG_1289.JPG IMG_1292.JPG IMG_1313.JPG

2. Kala Knut

Kala Knut

Mar 7, 2015
    I have a kala rumbler ubass and Gallien-Krueger MB112-II combo amp I would trade ya

3. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the offer, but really only interested in guitars in trade right now!

4. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    May have a local trade in the works, but still here for now!