1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2010 NCAA Football - Week 11

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Had to take my thread back for at least one week. :D

It's time for the deep south's oldest rivalry and it's time for a little payback compliments of my Auburn Tigers. Georgia has hung 4 on us and that's simply unacceptable. Auburn has a shot at the national title and Georgia has nothing to play for so they'll be pulling out all of the stops. While it could be close, I don't think it will be.

Georgia - 17
    Auburn - 41

War Eagle!!

2. I'm in.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Gators lock up another SEC East title and a spot in the SECCG again. Too bad Bama won't be joining. So long as Florida wins, I'll be able to score tickets to the SECCG again.

Would you go with me Stanky if I can get you a ticket? Luxury box in the end zone. No charge, even includes fancy-schmancy parking.

-Mike

4. Oh absolutely! As long as you can stand a few hours with one of us Barners. :D

5. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I forgot to mention, you'll need to wear a muzzle. :)

-Mike

6. Spartans are idle this week, lucky for the Big 10.

7. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I predict Oklahoma State going down to Austin and putting some major hurt on Texas. Go Pokes!

8. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Turner Gil will get a lot of love from the crowd in Lincoln, immediately followed by a whopping. 34-10 Nebraska over KU.

9. ...the wonderful thing about college football is that you NEVER know what will happen.

:)

I don't think it will end this way, but I'm HOPING to see a big upset here, followed by 'Bama waking up and getting the Alabama bragging rights for another year...

...thus sending LSU to the SECCG, where they pancake UF and get the #1 seed and a berth in the NCAA Championship Game.

:hyper:

....sorry, was just doing my impression of Mike about UF, and myself about some Saints football...

;)

This weekend, the Bayou Bengals have UL Monroe.

:meh:

...uh...man, nothing to see here, move along...

;)

(I really hate these games...:spit:...but all the teams have 'em, I guess...)

10. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm now reading that an anonymous source at Florida is saying Cam Newton was guilty of academic cheating while at Florida. What's next? Oh never mind, this has just come in. Eyewitnesses now confirm that when he was in the 2nd grade, Cam Newton threw an empty Pepsi can into the street which injured a gnat flying by.

11. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah Gard, but I was only joking.

Florida will go to the SECCG. If it's Auburn, they'll get rolled. If it's LSU, Miles will come up with some trick play with :07 left in the game to win again.

-Mike

12. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Glad you created the thread! I'm still hoping LSU and Auburn lose all their remaining games, and Bama gets back into the SECCG. :D

13. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    An honest question here, but if we had the team to actually make it back to Atlanta, would you really want to face us again and score a probable 3rd straight loss in two years? Better to regroup until next year when we have to come to the Swamp I'd think.

14. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yes. There is unfinished business in Atlanta.

-Mike

15. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Things seem nicely wrapped up to me. :D

16. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Man, the hits just keep on coming for Newton, and now Auburn is being implicated directly. No matter what comes of this, at this point it will be tragic. If the Newton's or Auburn did something wrong, then they'll deserve every bit of punishment that is coming to them. If they didn't, then they will be forever tainted since it's unlikely there will be any real exoneration provided.

17. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I don't see any way that Auburn won't be going to the SECCG.

18. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Newton is hosed. All it takes is a rumor.

But hey, he was a cheater at Florida which is why he left. So it's not like these allegations are out of left field.

-Mike

19. Wow. If all this stuff about Newton turns out to be accurate, can it affect Auburn THIS season? Could this cost them the NC? A shot at the SECCG?

...man, this blows for Auburn...I'm not a fan, but I hate seeing this...especially if it is accurate that they were ACTIVELY shopping for the "best deal". It's one thing to give in to someone coming to you with an offer (it's WRONG, no question), but going out and actually telling teams they're looking for the highest bidder? :meh:

20. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    There's enough there to suggest a serious character issue. Cheating like that is bad enough, but then you add felony charges and over a dozen traffic violations inside of a year, and it's enough to make you wonder if he would actually look for a pay-for-play like this. The comments from him and his dad are becoming more ambiguous by the day as more allegations are being levied. The comments seem consistent with someone who's being caught with their hand in a cookie jar. And now that Auburn is being implicated, which has a long history of paying players under Pat Dye (who has enjoyed a renewed access to the program now that Tubberville is gone), it just makes you wonder. I hope none of this is true, but it's getting harder and harder to believe that this is all fabricated.