1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2010 NCAA Football - Week 6

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eublet, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Bama at South Carolina this week! Time to prove to Auburn that the team they struggled to beat really isn't all that big a deal as we crush them in front of their home crowd. Every team we face for the rest of this year is coming off a bye week.

Looking forward to Florida-LSU as well. Curious to see how this one pans out.

Also curious about Auburn-Kentucky.

And a quick LOL at the USC Trojans and Boise St. Broncos.

2. Michigan State at Michigan is this weekend too. Mark Dantonio should be back coaching and you have two 5-0 teams fighting for bragging rights as to who's the King of Michigan for a year.

3. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Looking forward to the LSU game in the Swamp. As bad as UF played Saturday, LSU played worse, and I think them coming into the swamp after an embarrassing loss like that for us is going to be bad news for them.

Also don't overlook South Carolina, especially in their own house, but after the beatdown Bama put down on Florida, I don't think anyone really thinks they're not deserving of that number 1 ranking. I also think Florida's ranked about where they should have been at the beginning of the season, the SEC East isn't looking too hot this season. I'll definitely be rooting for Bama/Auburn.

I also am not sure what to make of the Stanford/Oregon game. One the one hand, they definitely won, but on the other hand, they had 35 points scored against them. Now I know that Stanford is a good team this season, but I'd like a top 3 team to show a little better defense than that.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Yep, but bear in mind that two of those TDs were off jittery turnovers at the very beginning of the game. The Ducks allowed zero points in the second half too, and are at 7 allowed for the season in the second half. Their platoon system of defense is pretty different -- I'm guessing that it means it'll take twice as long for all those players to really get up to speed.

The other interesting thing to me is that Oregon has barely showed any of their gimmick plays yet this year, and they only started letting the quarterback run this week. And that quarterback is still very green, and is built for the option game. So there seems to be tons of room for improvement on the offensive side.

Still, I will be very surprised if they manage to win out.

5. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Anyone care to start making predictions on who will be in the Glendale this year?

6. Well after the complete BS game against Kentucky last year, it's time for a little payback. They didn't let Cam run at all last week but look for him to tuck it and take off for 100+ yards. Kentucky has some playmakers but Cobb will be shut down. Auburn rolls.

Auburn - 45
    Kentucky - 12

And if all goes the way I want it to Eublet, it'll be AU vs. OU for the national title. :D

7. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Bama/OSU.

Bama wins by a Touch.

8. I love my Tigers, but they ain't got it this year.

LSU 17
    Florida 31

Unless Gary Croton realizes that he has a decent rushing game, but no passing at all, and sticks to the ground game, they have NO chance in this one.

Other interesting games...

Just one:

'Bama @ South Carolina

I think SC makes a game out of it, but 'Bama is just too much for anyone right now, IMO. (and yeah, I choked a bit on that)

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i'd like to see oregon and alabama in glendale. iowa has to take down ohio state, though. :meh:

10. That'll be the only way OSU stays out of the Championship game because that's the only team on their schedule that can handle them. Michigan's defense will fail horribly against a healthy OSU. MSU doesn't have them on their schedule.

11. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Oregon will pass OSU in the rankings if both stay undefeated throughout the season. As much as I can't stand them, the Ducks' margins of victory will sway the voters.

12. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Laugh all you want, come Bowl time BSU will be undefeated. Bring on 'Bama :cool:

13. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I agree, but I don't think they'll get a shot without some help. Which is unfortunate, because they would give Bama all they could handle.

14. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Maybe, but Bama is one of the most complete teams in recent memory. I'm not saying Boise isn't good cause I really think they are and have been for a while, but Bama is REALLY REALLY good this season.

15. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Huskers play on Thursday night. Hope they put on a good show for the national audience.

16. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Yes, they are. There's been a lot of talk about their offense here, but the D is just as important, if not more so.

I'd love to see Boise play Bama, Oregon too. They're the top three right now.

17. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Martinez played high school ball down the road from me at Centennial, he's a stud. Huskers are the class of the Big XII this year. They're going to shake up the Big 10 something fierce!

18. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    The Trojans should have won. While most of you were probably watching Alabama-Florida, with a select few tuning into Stanford-Oregon, I was watching a pretty entertaining back-and-forth game at the Coliseum. USC lost Saturday night because of Kiffin's pathetic substitution, as well as boneheaded play calling and clock management in the last three minutes vs. Washington. I give Jake Locker big ups for leading the Huskies on the game winning drive, despite numerous drops by his receivers for most of the fourth quarter.

Now we go to Palo Alto to face a more than likely P.O.ed Cardinal squad who wants to save some face. Hey Lane, Allen Bradford. Pound him. He's waited four years to play, and he's averaging 9.1 yards a carry. Leave the underclassmen and their fumbles on the bench. And for God's sake, just kick the extra points.

19. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Inactive

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Honestly, I really don't know which of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th ranked team belongs where. Frankly, my top 5 would look like this.

1 - Bama (any questions?)
    2 - Boise (most balanced team of these as far as points for/against and rushing/passing yards per game)
    3 - Oregon (big blowouts, but the AZ State and Stanford games give me pause)
    4 - OSU (Miami and Illinois games do not convince me they're number 2 worthy at all)
    5 - Oklahoma (I like Oklahoma, mostly cause they beat Texas this year.)

20. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I'd replace OSU with Nebraska, and agree on the rest.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021