1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 2010 Watson Classic Series Single Cut | Super Light <= 8lbs.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by joshmat, Jul 15, 2014.

1. joshmat

joshmat

Nov 20, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    $1100.00 --- For Sale Only. No Paypal and Please No Trades.
    *I'll split shipping with the buyer, assuming it's reasonable. CONUS only.

Classic Series Single Cut 4 String by Alex Watson. This is one incredibly lightweight single cut and plays like a dream! With the splittable humbuckers, you can cop any tone you like. Sets up well with low action if desired and has a lot of cool features. Here's a link to his build details.

http://watsonguitars.net/09B032.html

Watson Single Cut 4 - Completed in January 2010 and Featured at NAMM that year.
    » Satin Polyester Red Tinted Finish
    » Ash Top with Gorgeous Matched Grain
    » Mahogany Body
    » Sycamore/Ash Neck
    » Asian Ebony Fingerboard
    » Wood control knobs
    » Maple fret markers/inlays
    » Neck Through with Carbon Fiber Reinforcement
    » 34" Scale Length
    » 24 Frets
    » Watson Humbuckers, Splittable to Single Coil
    » Active/Passive push/pull on volume
    » 3 band, 18v McKeen Preamp
    » Full Electrostatic Shielding
    » 1 7/8" Nut Width
    » Black Individual String Johnson Bridge(s)
    » 18mm String Spacing
    » Midnight/Dark Chrome Gotoh GT350 Tuners
    » Control, Battery and Truss Access Covers are secured with Magnets
    » Estimated Less than 8.0 lbs (Super Light!). It was 5.5lbs with no hardware (see build log).
    » Watson Gig bag Included

watson1. watson2. watson3.

There are a handful of blemishes and imperfections. I played this bass out on the road a bit and it had a couple of imperfections when I got it from Watson back in 2010. I found them to be minor in nature but definitely want to disclose. Some I can get pics of and some don't seem to show up no matter what I do!

Looks like a file mishap or something right on the edge of the fretboard at the end of the upper bout. You can also see where the finish didn't quite make it to the edge of the fretboard on the top/low side. The little sliver of no finish runs from about the mid of the 11th fret up to the 13th where the bout meets the fretboard/neck. You can see this in the photo, "blem1".

Similar sliver of missing finish on the other side of the neck between frets 17 and 21. You can see this in the photo "blem2".

Pics show a little exaggerated as I zoomed in pretty close.

Buckle rash ... check!

The finish wears shinier around the top/bottom of the strings in front of the neck pickup and there are a few scuffs here and there. All of which I can't seem to photograph well (or at least they don't show in the pics). :/

PM/Convo for offers please. I'm selling to thin out my herd for funds. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Lynn Haven, FL
    What a gorgeous bass!!

joshmat likes this.
  3. joshmat

joshmat

Nov 20, 2005
    Houston, TX
    bump

4. mfbolton

mfbolton Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No PayPal? Any videos or soundclips?

5. joshmat

joshmat

Nov 20, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Let me see if I can find a recording with that bass and if you're interested, we can work something out for PayPal.