1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2011 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus - Like New - PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Sojourner, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Price:
    2011 (bought new in 2012) Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus in Manhattan Midnight quilted top with 60's neck.

Near mint condition. Absolutely LOVE this guitar, but rarely play electric anymore. Only played this one maybe 3 times out, and it stayed in my smoke-free studio ever since. Any marks you might see in pictures are only reflections or dust. Comes with the pickguard that was never attached and all the case candy. Harshell plush Gibson case included. Sells new for $1899.

Selling for $1400 shipped and Paypal'd.
    Not interested in any trades.

Plenty more pics located here (filenames start with LP): http://www.meetbrentdouglas.com/forsale/

a3YyVdm.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Bump

3. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between a Classic Plus and a Studio?

4. Well the Studio is next to the bottom of Gibson's line up as far as finishes, binding, pickups, hardware and all that go. The Junior/Melody Maker/Faded/Satin type models are the bottom of their line. Studio is the next step up. Then the Classic/Traditional. Then the Standard. Then the Customs. Then the Artist Signature models. A Classic Plus falls somewhere in between the Classic/Traditional and the Standards since it's an upgraded Classic of sorts.

5. And to expound on that a bit... A Studio isn't going to have binding on the body or the neck, and the wood chosen for Traditional/Classic models is generally better than what is used for the Studios.
    Mahogany neck on this one instead of the maple of a Studio
    Inlaid pearl logo on this one, vs. printed gold logo on the Studio
    Gold engraved truss rod cover on this vs. printed white on the Studio
    Gold top-hat style knobs with pointers on this one vs. black acrylic on the Studio
    496R and 500T ceramic pickups on this one vs. 490R and 490T alnico on the Studio
    Plush Gibson hard case with this one vs. padded Gibson gig bag for the Studio

6. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Thats awesome, thanks dude! A couple more questions - what's the weight, and the thickness of the headstock at the 1st and 12th frets? Unfortunately, '60s neck profile' isn't getting me measurements via The Googles. Man but I wish you were interested in trades :)

7. Weight as best I can judge is 9.5-10.5 pounds. I have a jumpy digital bathroom scale and can only weigh it by putting myself on the scale holding the guitar.

Gibson specs say the neck radius is 12" on their website. 60s neck isn't as thick as the "baseball bat" neck of the 50s profile is what I read today. I can measure when I'm home again, but that'll be a bit. Trying to save up cash for an engagement ring, so just can't do trades now.

8. To the top

9. Payton piglia

Payton piglia

Mar 7, 2015
    Is this still for sale?

10. Sold long ago. Didn't realize I never posted a sold notice. Apologies!