SOLD 2011 Gibson Thunderbird Short Scale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kriegs, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Kriegs

Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    Price:
    $1200.00
    Strings:
    United States
    Hey there :)

I’m selling off most of my instruments since I am no longer able to play live due to medical issues.

This is a 2011 Gibson Thunderbird Short Scale Bass. It started life like all of its kin, finished in Satin Ebony nitrocellulose, however, the previous owner had it professionally refinished by Noll Guitars to its current beautiful silver burst with a silver accent stripe on the headstock. The back was left untouched and original. The bass is otherwise stock. The OHSC is included.

Specs:
    Weight: 7.7lbs
    Body wood: Mahogany
    Neck wood: Mahogany
    Fingerboard wood: Rosewood
    Frets: 20
    Radius: 12”
    Inlays: Acrylic dots
    Nut width: 1.6”
    Tuners: Grover Mini Bass Inline
    Turning Ratio 20:1
    Bridge: 3-Point Thunderbird
    Pickups: Thunderbird Bass+ (ceramic)
    Controls: VVT (2x 300k Linear Volume, 1x 500k Non-linear Tone)

I am asking $1200.00 plus actual shipping. The price is fairly firm, this year has taken so much from us and we desperately need the money to pay medical bills but if we aren’t too far apart on price, I will work with you :)

And now, on to the eye candy!

Uwiz8qlp2ynlEjfCL-FVJGlSILzdDgs5834r3LozbVec0FGyGuRzs_qMCYSQZ-75-hdJJgRPVWUNinHGSczmP8XFtK446u0x.png

IxUgU5NnFTtFeCE52oO4XXuNDtY9ZfUe46J2KQMnSQbLbq0fev03HNh9dV1qk5v2eJqGkML34lQKklbwxZ1Q9MwB01_iVmtA.png

The weird squiggles in the picture below are only reflections of light, not finish flaws :)
    nsKMK1DAuWHZ9dNiJceVPbCXUrA1Jhcv3cXf-f1FMbfL0BiWBB_6N6eIpk8NCT17IE0Ro89w-JY_BII_GuEk7wuAgPjmBLRB.png

Twd1PcohC9JsDDQ7gf8gZM3w-qFQPh8HOF7D0XluEmJu8_06MAMqAiz1e2HalDz3HPKHqXWYf9X99Qw9Zlc8BxGFneH-slMD.png

jCpUJc0xQecFFEPiNuq2xPhbSVJr1bz7oUJ4obd34TjZwmNNL6GuSXOj8a5hHLt9zaDJnUpunSw0uX2oXP3UG_ZIQcSgzhEF.png

cAYX5H0GJkd_YmZtmAcYuOo2FfYF0-NQkFGUjY4xOdZHXUNRJ-Vo-jwU-F1JdMk5HTZ6_DFstAecYDVlYaPoe3ygOQq6V7R1.png

Ok0eQ4zMG53y5GZCDnN9TKOWUpMguk967yq_pUB8ckdhoa1fI7B2VCJ40MbzfhsUXav2I7HQTx-LzGjenOzrSoqLCjybH2D3.png

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    D.M.N., Picton, blacktocomm and 13 others like this.
  2. Richie Se7en

Richie Se7en Presently distractivated Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Shadow of South Philly
    Very nice bass! I have that same model (without the paint job) and it growls when you want it to. GLWTS :thumbsup:

Kriegs likes this.
  3. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Hi, was that Noll Guitars just outside of Providence? They have done some work on a few of my basses, they do some great work and apparently great paint also, it looks sweet!

Kriegs likes this.
  4. Kriegs

Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    The very same :) Thanks for the kind words!

5. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    PM’d.

Kriegs likes this.
  6. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    DAMMIT I am kicking myself for selling the one I had, and would have bought this one had I seen it. Whoever got it (@MCF I assume?) ping me if you change your mind in the future about it. =0)

Kriegs and MCF like this.
  7. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Yes, it was I who am honored to be the one who will be giving this a new home. I absolutely love Thunderbirds and this short scale will be a welcome addition to the other two Gibsons I have. The shortie will sit with me in my office for breaks during the day. I can’t wait. And sorry @DDXdesign, it is unlikely I will be parting with it, or any of my Tbirds, so long as I’m able to keep playing.

Kriegs and DDXdesign like this.
  8. matt_sherms

matt_sherms

Apr 19, 2020
    Any chance you’d be interested in selling that bass?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022