No longer available 2011 Keith Roscoe SKB 3005 - withdrawn

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bpwb, Aug 29, 2016.

1. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    For sale only is a very nice, near mint 2011 Roscoe SKB 3005 five string bass. The top is cocobolo sitting on a swampash body. The neck is maple with purple heart center lamination. The fingerboard is wedge sapwood. Feels like a wedge board I had on a previous roscoe, but lighter in color. Sort of looks like dirty maple. It came originally with the Bartolini pickups and the Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. Previous owner changed out the pickups to Nordstrand big singles (I think). When I bought it I thought I would immediately change back to the Barts but I was very pleasantly surprised. The only Nordy's I had heard previously always seemed too bright to me but this setup is not. As you would expect with any Roscoe, the tone is to die for and the low B is extraordinary. Great low setup on a straight neck. Truss rod turns as it should. The bass weighs 9 lbs, 7 ounces on my digital postal scale. The only blem I can find is the one you see in the pictures right in the center of the back of the body. That is my little finger next to it for size comparison. I would guess that it is about 4mm in diameter. Obviously does not effect anything and you can't see if when playing. Other than that it is pretty mint. I have owned a number of Roscoes over the years and this one is just about the best of all of them. So why I am I selling it. Truth be told, as much as I would like to and my ego wants me to be, I am just not a 5 string player. 4 just feels like home no matter how hard I try to persuade myself otherwise. I have been down this road many times before, but always come to the same conclusion. It pains me to let it go because I just love the thunder this thing puts out. Hopefully someone will get lots of enjoyment out it and play it to it's potential, which is way beyond my skills. Comes delivered to you in its original Roscoe hard shell case along with the keys, original Bart pups and the paperwork. E-mail me with any questions. I am asking $2400 or best offer shipped overnight via FedEx. No waiting for this one. I accept Paypal.

Cheers!

IMG_6038_zps4joqy1dx.gif

IMG_6039_zpsytjlffm6.gif

IMG_6040_zpsbhutbv8c.gif

IMG_6041_zpsx4u7p8s5.gif

IMG_6042_zps9khaftpn.gif

IMG_6044_zpsjjbdvaii.gif

IMG_6043_zpsm0ynem6z.gif

IMG_6046_zpstwouan1a.gif

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    JOME77, Fred312b, Bardolphus and 3 others like this.
  2. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    OMG... This bass is visually stunning. I would just about do anything if this bass would have come up a few months ago. GLWS...

3. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Yup she's a beauty all rights. Gives you some idea of how painful it is to let her go. She is a trophy bass for sure! And she sounds as good as she looks.

4. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Very Nice...bump

5. KaseOfBass

KaseOfBass Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    My former bass and it's a great one! GLWTS! :bassist:

6. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Want her back kasey?

7. KaseOfBass

KaseOfBass Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Wish I had the coin to make that happen :(

8. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Beautiful cocobolo top and I love the wenge sapwood (or maybe white wenge?) fingerboard!

I remember GAS'ing over this one when it was made. I suspect it would be hard to hide the sound of this bass in the mix (with the ash body and Nord Big Singles).

GLWTS!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  9. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

Yes you are correct. Seriously thinking about retracting the for sale. I really love and just maybe some day I will figure out to be a fiver player. If I ever wanted to buy another one it would cost an arm and a leg. Keith's prices just keep going up.

10. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    Keep
    Coming back to this thread ... Grrrr

11. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    If you think it's that special, it's worth holding on to..making the adjustment to 5 just takes a bit more practice..anyway, it looks great and it sounds like it's a keeper..

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021