No longer available 2012 Fender American Special Jazz Bass with Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by joker820, Jan 30, 2018.

1. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this bass from the original owner here on TB. He had painted the headstock, swapped the wiring with USA components, and changed the bridge out for a Hipshot Vintage Style. There is also a solderless block connection which allows you to change out the pickups fairly easily. I swapped them out myself with Lollars ($200 value). Original Fender pickups and black pickguard included. Will come with generic hard shell case. Currently has a Fender Parchment guard and TI Jazz Flats. I can switch them to D’addario Chromes, EB Slinky Rounds, or possibly DR Pure Blues if you prefer. I doubt you’ll find a better sounding J for the money. Free shipping in the Continental US or local pickup. Message me with any questions!

Attached Files:

SwitchGear and mpdd like this.
  2. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Interested in trading for a 5 er?

joker820 likes this.
  3. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    Sorry, not really looking for trades. I have some big bills due soon and have to clear house. I’m a 4 string guy anyway ;)

4. AstronautChuck

AstronautChuck

Feb 1, 2018
    do you have pics of the case?

joker820 likes this.
  5. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    The case is nothing fancy but the Am Special models don’t come with cases from Fender. This will keep it safe during transportation though.

Attached Files:

6. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    Weight is 9 lbs 7 oz so about average for a J Bass. Sits nicely on a strap like a J does. Could possibly include a padded strap I’m not using.

7. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    Willing to include a brand new $100 strap! Nice padded leather but I have a longer than normal torso and it doesn’t quite work for me. X-Clef

8. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    Final Price Drop...$700.00!

9. Rockonjp76

Rockonjp76

Aug 8, 2016
    716, NY
    Did these come stock with the matching headstock?

10. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    No, it was sprayed by the original owner who I bought it from on TB. He scanned the original American Special Decal (also black) and printed out a new one. There are a few rough spots but overall, it is smooth. I attached a few photos showing this.

Attached Files:

basmansam likes this.
  11. joker820

Jan 20, 2014
    Sold on Reverb

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021