SOLD 2012 Fender American Standard Precision Bass V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David_70, Jul 22, 2019.

1. David_70

David_70 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Price:
    $975.00
    Strings:
    Bought in 2013, this bass has always been strung with flats, so there is zero fretboard or fret wire wear. I am selling, because I never play it -- and I bought two other American P5’s that same year (don’t ask: GAS – one has rounds, one has a Warmoth fretless neck, and this one has always worn flats).

Candy Cola color no longer offered by Fender. The rosewood is extremely dark, and almost looks like ebony. Other upgrades include a Hipshot bridge, and Dunlop strap locks. Will include the white pickguard with the sale; I no longer have the original bridge. Will be sold strung with a mixed set of flats (B will be different), in the Fender TSA hard case. Bass weighs 9.25 pounds; zero neck dive.

I have babied this bass, and it's in excellent -- truly near-mint condition. The back is pristine. There is some light swirling on pickguard and near bridge (won't photograph, and you have to strain to see it), very tiny scratches next to the bridge (shown), and a tiny under surface "dimple" in about the same location that is tough to see unless you hold it in a particular light (would not photograph). I forgot it even existed until snapping photos for this posting. All of these minor cosmetic items cannot easily be seen in normal light, especially given the metallic paint.

Price includes shipping within CONUS. No trades. Thank you for your interest.

IMG_0490.jpg IMG_0492.jpg IMG_0493.jpg IMG_0494.jpg IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0496.jpg IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0498.jpg IMG_0499.jpg IMG_0502.jpg IMG_0503.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Just picked up the same year and color bass. Fantastic instrument there. The Hipshot is a nice upgrade! The stock bridge is nice but requires more tools than I like.

David_70 likes this.
  3. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Was the Hipshot A the direct Fender replacement--i.e., no additional holes were required (or had to be filled)?

4. David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    I believe the Hipshot/USA bridge was designed to directly replace the stock bridge without having to further modify the instrument.

sludgetail, G RICH 5 and feschyn like this.
  5. feschyn

feschyn Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2004
    I usually cringe when I read these types of questions, but I have to ask: Did you notice any difference in the sound of the bass when you switched from the stock Fender bridge to the Hipshot?

6. David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    Ha! — no cringe — fair question. I own two other P5’s with the stock bridge — and I can’t tell any sonic differences with sustain or sound, etc. (although this one has always worn flats, so it’s certainly not a great A/B comparison for “sustain” against rounds on the stock bridge). I can say that the Hipshot bridge is much beefier/“substantial” in its construction.

feschyn likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021