1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2012 Fender Antigua Jazz Bass MIM FSR Limited Edition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BIGEJ2, Jan 27, 2016.

1. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    Asking $650 shipped CONUS or best offer. Weighs 9.0 lbs. Comes with a new GB branded deluxe gig bag.

Very limited production, I believe only 250 of these were made as a special run in 2012. The bass is in overall excellent condition - no fretwear, dents, dings or scratches. There are two issues to mention:

First, there is a spot on the inside of the upper horn where it looks like something cut into the paint. The area feel ruff and the camera flash brings it out. I never noticed it until taking these photos so I have no idea how it got there or how long the bass has been that way. I'm also not sure if it is something that will get worse over time and with use.

Second, the bass experienced some fret-spout in early winter. As the neck shrank, the frets pushed against the poly finish none of the finish came off but at each fret end, there appears to be a small bubble. I did not have the fret-ends filed. Depending on your climate, this may or may not be a problem. I've owned the bass for several years and this is the first winter it experienced this issue.

Description and specs per Fender:

Fender’s classic, yet seldom-seen Antigua finish returns for this special Antigua Jazz Bass model. The distinctively shaded body hue debuted in the late 1960s and was briefly revived with a more graduated greenish tint in 1977, when it first appeared on a Jazz Bass (on both body and pickguard). Antigua-finish Fender instruments have appeared only sporadically since the late 1970s and are rare finds now prized by discerning collectors worldwide. The Antigua Jazz Bass has all of the amazing contemporary features and refinements that help the Jazz Bass live up to its legendary name. This new special-edition Antigua Jazz Bass is available only in limited quantities and is an authentic evocation of one of Fender’s most historically exclusive finish options.

• Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
    • Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
    • Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
    • Jazz Bass® body shape
    • Alder body with polyester finish
    • Urethane neck finish
    • Maple neck and fretboard
    • 20 Medium jumbo frets
    • Vintage ‘70s "Fender" stamped open gear tuning machines
    • Synthetic bone nut
    • Standard vintage Alnico magnet Jazz Bass® single-coil bridge and neck pickups
    • Bridge Pickup is in the '70s position
    • Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup) and Master Tone controls
    • Chrome hardware
    • Standard vintage 4 saddle bass bridge
    • Antigua pickguard
    IWSL0zs.

F5MuHR6.

J7JeT9I.

iVVhEFl.

wHcXiGU.

IpP203R.

PIdcpyn.

0IxH1AF.

7iigFrp.

ipViyC3.

rCKpTi8.

L77QhsH.

dusterdan and maverick49 like this.
  2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it

oh man, that's too cool! If I wasn't already surrounded by J basses I'd be ON THIS

3. dusterdan

dusterdan

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    THIS has got to be the nicest jazz bass in the classifieds right nowdrool

4. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Thanks guys. Like fine wine, it certainly is an acquired taste.

5. noeinstein

noeinstein Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Northern California
    PM'd

6. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    SOLD!