1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2012 Fender P-Bass Am. Std Quality

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MetroBass, Mar 8, 2013.

1. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Hello Music has a couple of 2012 Am Std P's left on their site at pretty good deals: Black w/ rosewood and Charcoal w/ rosewood. I have an old AVRI that I love but these have been haunting me every morning as they pop up on my email.

I know the neck is modern C and my AVRI is the official baseball bat! So it must be a little faster. Suppose to have the graphite truss rod and Custom Shop pickups quality? Any pros/cons from someone that owns one of the newer Precisions?

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    QC's unpredictable, especially on sale stuff for some mysterious reason. Sometimes fine, sometimes not. Most buyers can't tell the difference anyway. [shrug]

I'm not personally a fan of the current post-'08 American Standards. I just don't like the "new" features, with the exception of the latest pickup change. I'm also not crazy about the remaining Hello colors.

3. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    I have a feeling they're great.

I have a 2012 Am Standard in Sunburst, and it is one of the finest basses I have ever owned (out of close to a hundred).

4. Wud

Wud

Apr 11, 2009
    I have two 2012 Am Standards P Bass's both are really fine examples, both purchased mail order sight unseen.