1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2012 Lakland 60-11 Sixer!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Engine207, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
  2. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    well shoot, I was hoping it was a 6 string version of teh 55-94 or something. O well....Not my cup o'tea, but cool nonetheless.

3. Kano2864212

Kano2864212

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive always wanted a Bass VI!!

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    P-90's, colour me interested.

5. Papaboneman

Papaboneman

Jan 20, 2012
    I'm very interested in this bass guitar.... Must keep me posted

6. Papaboneman

Papaboneman

Jan 20, 2012
    Posted ....I mean

7. Papaboneman

Papaboneman

Jan 20, 2012
    Posted .... I meant

8. Very cool, as someone who knows basically nothing about Lakland........ How much is this thing gonna run someone?

I've wanted a Bass VI in green or lake placid blue for awhile.

9. Want.

10. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Actually is or should I say was my cup o'tea! It's basically what I used to play years ago, only MUCH more improved and advanced!

I had a modded cheapo Japanese shortscale bass. Of course in those days it only had 4 strings and one pickup, but LOOKED almost like this one! Tort guard and the whole nine yards. I made mine active with (get this) it had a vibrato (amplitude modulation) and a Lesie rotating speaker simulator built into the bass as an active circuit! That bass was pretty primitive because of the era, but it was killer for Bass IV type stuff. I LOVED the short scale for being able to reach double stops you couldn't reach on a long scale! (Even though the low notes were a bit less than optimum)

And here's my old bass all grown up and modern! with three pickups, 6 strings, and quality sound. And still looks the same with Tort guard and all! I'm really getting nostalgic! I kinda doubt I'm ready to go back there though... these days I just use a normal 6 string bass and if I want effects I use a digital pedal.

11. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    That is seriously cool. Anyone else thinking about a fretless version through heavy overdrive, maybe using a slide? For some reason, I am.

12. basslinejam

basslinejam

Mar 21, 2005
    New York City
    I would be hopeless trying to play it, but it sounds (from the pathetic camera mic...) really good. Hey! what about a three pickup 4-string bass with 3 jazz bass pickups and a five-pos. switch? Dano Hodad by way of Lakland might be sweet...

13. String spacing's a little too narrow for me. I was hoping for more of an 18 or 19mm spaced instrument. Cool idea but not my thing.

14. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Bass VI =/= 6-string bass.

This thread got my hopes up and then shattered them.

15. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    ^^^This. Not what I was expecting when I entered this thread.

16. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    Sorry Funk...I'm rarely even a 5-player, but I saw this vid on NoTreble or whatever and thought it sounded really cool.

Nothing I'd attempt, but I can see millions of uses for it, in lots of genres...especially with the strat-style switch on the top horn. And being a Lakland, you also know its quality built.

17. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Agreed.

A 6 string bass from Lakland would kill!

18. Damn. I don't think anything has raised my hopes and dashed them like that so quickly or painfully :/.

I was sooooo ready for a 56-02... or would it be a 65-02?

19. tumblr_lre4pdKBp21qb2td9.

I was just in the car a few hours ago thinking abotu how quickly I'd snap up a Lakland 6er.

20. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Dear Geetards,

Lakland just made a bass for you. Go buy it.

Dear Lakland,

Please make your Skyline 5vers in at least 34.5" maybe even a 34" scale and a "real" 6 string and I would buy 3 Lakland basses pronto.