1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2012 NCAA Football Preseason

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Jul 22, 2012.

1. We're a little over a month away gentlemen. Let the trash talk begin! (I'm looking at you Eublet and Gard ;) )

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about y'all, but I'm buying stock in Maker's Mark because lord knows I'm going to be giving them a lot of money this season. I swear to god, Landry, if you don't fix your "breakdown when one receiver misses the ball" problem you're going to regret not entering the draft in April.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Maker's Mark happens to be my favorite alcohol. I have my own barrel aging now in one of their rick houses. Well, not mine only. I paid to have my name on a barrel with a few other people. When it is ready to drink, they will send me a bottle from my barrel.

-Mike

5. rested, ready and awaiting battle.

as a Vandy fan, i bask in the fear that other programs feel for the mighty Commodores.

I shout defiance to the heavens and scream our warcry:

"WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR"

davesignatureII-1.

6. Fun fact. Since Michael Dyer couldn't clean up his act he follwed Gus Malzahn to Arkansas State. It's been anounced that he's been denied eligibility for this coming season but will be eligible for the 2013 season. So guess who's the first team he faces as a Red Wolf? Auburn. :)

7. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I did browse Off Topic enough to have caught this one, but now I'm here! I'm ready to get some football going. There are some really great games going this year to kick the season off.

Oddly enough, I'm really looking forward to see what this USC hype is all about.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  9. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Who have they played? :cool:

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It doesn't matter, they should be in the top 10 regardless. These polls are rigged. :D

-Mike

11. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    My Horns are going to continue to be mediocre until they choose between Ash or McCoy (I vote Ash) and quit this platooning QB nonsense. I doubt it but it would make me very happy if we can best OU this year.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    He'll probably be reinstated for the Gator game. Miles will need his help to win that game.

-Mike

15. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  17. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  18. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    If Barkley stays healthy, the Trojans are going to have a great season. Great 1-2 punch at wideout, just about the entire starting unit on D returns, and sniping Silas Redd from Penn State adds some much needed depth at tailback.

Coach Kiffin does say a lot of stupid things. The fact that so many SEC folks can't stand him makes it endearing to me. ;)

19. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Most SEC fans could really care less about Kiffin. UT fans hate him for obvious reasons, as do Florida fans since he was such an idiot in talking about that rivalry. I assume at some point USC fans will probably start to cringe whenever he opens his mouth also, as this week shows just how stupid and dishonest he really is. I think you probably don't have the full breadth of all the utterly ridiculous things he did and said as UT's head coach since much of it was probably only reported and discussed ad naseum in this region. I wouldn't trust him to run a paper route, much less a major football program. I'm pretty sure Pat Haden (who I'd trust completely) feels the same way and is watching kiffin like a hawk. USC really can't afford to let Kiffin screw things up with the NCAA like he did at UT. In just a short year, he was heading toward major violations there.