1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2012 Victor Wooten Band [must see]

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stev187, May 29, 2012.

1. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club!

Jan 11, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    Just a quick note to let TB know that Victor's new touring band is not to be missed. We caught the Ft. Wayne show last night, and it is absolutely amazing! Steve Bailey, Anthony Wellington, Dave Welsch are fantastic on bass (doubling on keys, guitar, and brass instruments as well). Drummers JD Blair and Derico Watson are fantastic together, and vocalist Krystal Peterson is amazing! There's a smattering of Victor and Steve solo stuff, but the show grooves from start to finish. Victor plays cello and upright in the show, and there are even a few numbers with all 4 basses going at once. DO NOT MISS THEM IF THEY COME NEAR YOU!!!!

Check the tour schedule:

http://www.victorwooten.com/shows.html

There are Summer dates in the following cities. I am dead serious--it's just fantastic.

• Cleveland, OH
    • Milvale, PA
    • Washington, DC
    • New Haven, CT
    • New York, NY
    • Annapolis, MD
    • Hudson, NY
    • Brooklyn, NY
    • Glenside, PA
    • Boston, MA
    • Portland, ME
    • Montreal
    • Ann Arbor, MI
    • Lincolnshire, IL
    • St. Louis, MO
    • Fayetteville, AR
    • Lawrence, KS
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Boulder, CO
    • Fort Collins, CO
    • Denver, CO
    • Oakland, CA
    • Junction City, CA

--Steve

2. CnB77

CnB77

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    Hm... I'm close enough to NYC. How much do tickets go for?

3. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    No love for the Southeast?

4. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club!

Jan 11, 2011
    Toledo, OH
    Charlotte & Durham, NC in November. I only listed the Summer dates. Full schedule on the web.

--Steve

5. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    Durham, huh? :hyper:

:bassist:

6. Aljazz

Aljazz

Apr 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, I caught the show in Montreal, Canada. It was the most amazing and musical show I've seen. Sure, there's plenty enough bass wizardry to satisfy any of us bass players, but the whole thing was just so groovy and musical, and Kyrstal's vocals were dynamite!!

You don't want to miss this one if it anywhere near you.... even if it isn't it's worth the drive to get to it.

7. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    And to top it off, the Fall NC dates will be with the Jimmy Herring Band! So bass virtuosity meets guitar virtuosity, and many thousands of heads will be left exploded!

8. I have my tickets for the Oakland show on 7/20. Can't wait!

9. Going on Thursday. Wouldn't miss it for anything!

10. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    Literally just saw that they were for sale! This is the first time I'm thankful for Facebook Ads. I'm not gonna miss them in Oakland.

11. Zoomie

Zoomie

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    We're doing a boys road trip to catch back to back nights for the Charlotte and Duram shows. Hopefully, it's three of us going, all bass players.

How much bass can you stuff in to a weekend? We're going to find out in November.

12. jbailes

jbailes

Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up 2 front row seats for the Orlando show.

13. BassMom88

BassMom88

Oct 17, 2011
    It was an incredible concert!!!!
    This was at Berklee Bass Lines before the show in Boston w/my daughter. I have one with Anthony too..but not on my phone. All are so talented.
    Highly recommend seeing them if you can!!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341928105.497949.jpg

14. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    Just bought tickets. The whole family is going! Oakland on Thursday!

15. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    ****! Got a wedding to go to the weekend of the Oakland gig.

16. Too many bassists. No thanks.

17. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    in the audience or on the stage? :p

18. matdras

matdras Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    I saw them play in Fort Collins last night. Absolutely amazing show.

19. Lol, both! But mostly the stage :p.

20. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    Just saw him last night at Yoshi's in Oakland. AMAZING. BUY TICKETS. Seriously though, four amazing bassists that all play different instruments, two hilarious and musical (*gasp*) drummers, and one incredibly talented singer. Thought you knew how a looper could be used? Think again! And Kwesi, there are a lot of bassists, but they all bring something to the table. Anthony Wellington's awesome slap and incredible groove fit perfectly with Steve Bailey's beautiful, melodic work on the six string fretless. And don't even get me started on the drummers. So entertaining. Just see them.