1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2013 Ampeg V4-B all tube amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JimmyM, Mar 29, 2020.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Price:
    $699.00
    One of the first V4-B amps off the line when Ampeg resumed making them in 2013, received directly from Ampeg. Has been used moderately over the years with love, and has a few small tolex scars to show for it along the way, but nothing I can find that tore through the tolex, and is in otherwise very good condition. Stock except for one preamp tube that got damaged in a slight mishap I had. Pretty sure I documented any damage in pics. Other than the one tube, it's run trouble-free and just fired up fine a few minutes ago and sounds like it always has. With the PF-50T handling my needs on 99% of my gigs, I figured I'd pass it along to a good home and try to make up for a little lost income.

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY! Sorry, but no shipping. I'm in Apopka, FL, which is about 12-13 miles N of Orlando. I am willing to drive up to an hour or thereabouts to deliver if you prepay through Paypal or Zelle, or you can come to the house and try it out. Nobody here has had coronavirus, we take measures to hopefully keep away from it, and I will set up the amp outside and let you try it out with your own bass and cable if you wish.

NO TRADES, PLEASE!

More info at Ampeg Amp Head | V-4B All-Tube Bass Head .

But wait...there's more!

Prepay in the next 24 hours (it's 9:05 pm EST) and I will include a new Tung Sol 12ax7a and a NOS or slightly used tube from the good old days so you can entertain yourself with a little tube rolling through this distancing period. Don't expect an ancient Mullard, but I have a couple of decent gray plate 12ax7's I can bonus you with.

EDIT: Can't figure out how to change the price in the headline, but I will include the amp, the two extra 12ax7's, and the AC cable for $649, a whopping $50 off the original asking price!

Thanks for looking!

V4B Front.JPG V4B Front Left.JPG V4B Front Right.JPG V4B Top.JPG V4B Top Left.JPG V4B Side 1.JPG V4B Side 2.JPG V4B Back.JPG V4B Back Left.JPG V4B Bottom 2.JPG
    V4B Bottom.JPG

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    MarkA, bbh, vin088xk1 and 13 others like this.
  2. J_BassV

J_BassV Supporting Member

Great Price - can't go wrong - especially with this being Jimmy's! This won't last long.
    If I didn't already have one...
    GLWTS.

JimmyM and SactoBass like this.
  3. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    My thoughts exactly! This is a *smokin* deal for someone in the local area! :thumbsup:

JimmyM likes this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    But wait...there's more!

Prepay in the next 24 hours (it's 9:05 pm EST) and I will include a new Tung Sol 12ax7a and a NOS or slightly used tube from the good old days so you can entertain yourself with a little tube rolling through this distancing period. Don't expect an ancient Mullard, but I have a couple of decent gray plate 12ax7's I can bonus you with.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Spaceman Ian and SactoBass like this.
  5. trebbihm

trebbihm

Dec 7, 2014
    Inland Empire
    If only I were 2000 miles closer, had an extra half G, wasn’t coming down with a sore throat, and knew where I’d be working next month... Man, I’d be all over this!!! ;) :) :D

Heady, Spearsy, kbakerde and 3 others like this.
  6. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Hardly ever see these come up for sale. GLWTS Jimmy. You and the missus Stay well and safe.

JimmyM likes this.
  7. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    Ugh. Gassing from afar.

JimmyM likes this.
  8. dang too bad i couldn't convince you to trade/probably don't have anything that you'd want to trade for. would be worth the drive on 50

JimmyM likes this.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Sorry man, not doing trades on this. Trying to make up for a little lost income.

10. hey brother i get it and don't blame ya

lowendrv and JimmyM like this.
  11. Pickup only. I get it. Shipping from Florida to almost any other state costs a grip I bet. GLWTS!!

JimmyM likes this.
  12. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Looks really good Jimmy, I wish that I could buy it but you know how it goes! Good luck and BE SAFE!

13. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I'd love to take this off your hands but ain't no way for me to drive to Florida for pickup atm. That'd be a bit of a stretch even at the best of times. ;)
    GLWTS Jimmy!

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    SPECIAL TALKBASS PRICE DROP!

Now you can have the V4B, the bonus new Tung Sol 12ax7, and the lightly used or NOS 12ax7 for $649, a whopping $50 off my original asking price!

haystack55 and Mastermold like this.
  15. Dang...That’s a steal!

Stugilliam and JimmyM like this.
  16. Phwoaaaaaaaa!

JimmyM likes this.
  17. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I saw this on CL a couple days ago. Had a feeling it might be yours. If I wasn't in the same boat I'd pick it up. I'm just over in Melbourne. If things turn and you're still wanting to sell I'll hit you up.

JimmyM likes this.
  18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Only posted it on Facebook Marketplace other than here. Haven't done CL.

19. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    You're right. I do believe it was on Marketplace.

JimmyM likes this.
  20. mtnken

mtnken

Oct 29, 2007
    damn. wish you'd ship! GLWS!

JimmyM likes this.