SOLD 2013 Fender Marcus Miller - Babicz, Pearloid, Shielded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DiabolusInMusic, Nov 20, 2016.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Price:
    Strings:
    Good Day Talkbass,

I am selling my Fender Marcus Miller signature. The bass is a Mexican build from 2013. The bass has a Babicz bridge and a pearloid pickguard but, aside from that, it is a stock bass. The bridge was a drop-in replacement. I do not have either of the stock parts. These basses are notoriously noisy and this one was no exception. I painted the cavities with some MG Chemicals Supershield and silenced the bass, I don't get any RF noise at home or at the jamspace. The pickups are still the stock single coils, however.

The bass sounds and plays great. I have put on a fresh set of Ernie Ball Power Slinkys (55-75-90-110) and given the bass a fresh setup. The action is just over 2mm and the relief is about .010". The neck is very stiff and only has a max relief of a little over .020" with these strings. The frets have a tiny bit of wear in the first position but nothing significant. There are some slight marks on the back of the neck where the previous owner would rest the bass against things but you cannot notice them while playing. There is a tiny amount of lift on the small portion of the pickguard where it meets the larger piece, I have tried to photograph it. The guard was custom cut by an accordion builder, it is one piece and the small trace amount of red/yellow/blue you see cannot be scratched off. I cannot find any marks worth mentioning on the body but there is one chip in the headstock, the bass is in pretty good shape.

I am looking to get $750 for the bass. I am not looking for any trades at this time, I have too many basses. I can include a Fender Deluxe Gig Bag for another $30 if somebody is interested. That price will include Canada Post shipping within the CONUS. I will offer a discount to Canucks as domestic shipping will save me a few bucks. I will do Paypal but I prefer interac or a wire transfer.

If I have failed to answer any questions please PM me, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    PMed

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022