1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2013 Olympic White American Fender PJ Bass w/OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pickups, Feb 7, 2019.

1. pickups

pickups Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Price:
    $900.00
    Strings:
    Been putting this off for a few years, but I am selling my 2013 American Fender P/J Bass. The bass has always played and sounded great (very nice slap tone). Originally this bass was a precision bass that I had a jazz pickup installed soon after I bought the bass. The bass is in excellent condition with a few blemishes - one on the body under the pickguard (see photos), the pickguard was sanded out around the treble side of the pickups (see pictures), and a scratch on the battery compartment. The bass is shielded and routed with a battery compartment on the back when I had active EMG's installed (bass is currently passive). The pickups are the original 60's custom shop precision pickup and a Lindy Fralin jazz pickup and the controls are Vol/Vol/Tone(one black volume knob is hard to see but it's there). Shipping cost will be added CONUS Thanks, Cojo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  2. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach, Wisconsin
    Weight?

3. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Unfortunately, I don't have a scale but I would guess around 9lbs.

4. HOTCARL

HOTCARL Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Bozeman, Montana
    Any trade interest?

5. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Maybe. I'm selling this bass to fund a vintage P bass or used Sadowsky, but I may be interested in a trade.

6. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    Why the battery compartment if its a passive bass?

7. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    I had active emg's installed when I had the work done and they take a 9v battery. It's also nice to have the battery compartment in case someone decides they want to make the bass active again. Thanks

8. Are they active pickups, or an active preamp? I guess what I am asking, does adding the 9v make is active again?

9. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Pickups are passive and no active preamp. The 9v compartment was for the active EMG p/j set I had installed when the bass was routed a couple years ago. I later changed the pickups back to passive Fender Custom Shop 60 P and a Lindy Fralin J pup making it a passive bass. So ... if someone wanted to make the bass active again say with EMG they could do so without any issue. Thanks for you questions! Cojo

adam on bass likes this.
  10. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Trades?

11. pickups

Mar 31, 2011
    Not really looking to trade, but I may be open if it's something I really want. Thanks

12. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    pM sent