1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2014 GIBSON SG Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Interspace Station, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Interspace Station

Interspace Station Director at THE SPACEPORT Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Price:
    Strings:
    Purchased brand new at GC in 2014. Incredible playing short scale (30"), much loved instrument. I wanted this to be my lifer but it just didn’t provide the sound I wanted. Inlay at 12th fret has 120th Anniversary banner as was applied to all Gibson instruments in 2014. Amazing deal for a USA made instrument that is a delight to play.

Originally satin finished but buffed to a subtle classic shine. A few signs of wear due to the thin finish on these instruments, namely near thumb anchor points above the pickups and along the top edge of the face. Minor signs of wear, see photos for details.

Strung with DR Hi-Beams Shortscale, 45-105. Straight neck, no truss issues, currently set up for D standard tuning but easy to adjust. Made a few trips to practice and recording sessions, never gigged. I added metal bushings as string extensions to move the winding past the saddles and provide some counterweight, see photos and this thread for more details. Will ship with bushings installed, but they simply slip over the strings if you want to remove them.

Includes brown with pink interior Gibson HSC in like new condition (has a couple spots of pain stuck to top edge), packaging for DR strings, LaBella Deep Talkin’ Beatle Bass flats and Levy’s lightweight wide leather strap.

Price includes shipping to lower 48, no international shipping. Paypal preferred. DM for local pickup options in NYC area. Sale only, no trades. Thanks for looking, any questions please ask!

GibsonSGS_1_Body.
    GibsonSGS_2_Head.
    GibsonSGS_3_Case.
    GibsonSGS_4_Open.
    GibsonSGS_5_Wear.
    GibsonSGS_6_Wear.
    GibsonSGS_7_Shine.
    GibsonSGS_8_Back.
    GibsonSGS_9_Acc.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Back up on the block, price reduced to $600 shipped with case and all accessories shown.

3. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    What is the sound you were going for? How does that mudbucker sound soloed?

4. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    P+J tone, which I recently hit on hard with an Aerodyne.

The bridge pup on this SG has a nice midrange J sound but a little woodier, which I personally favored, and typically blended a bit of the neck in for more bottom end. The mudbucker is actually a "Modern T-Bird Humbucker" that when solo'd had a seriously heavy bass thump with great clarity on top. I had tried a few SGs and EB-0/3's prior to this and they had no high end on the neck pickup. I was pleasantly surprised at how the new neck pickup on the more recent models provided more clarity.

Ellery likes this.
  5. She’s a Beauty!

6. Question: Is that a Babitz full-contact bridge?

Marc

7. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Moosehead1966 likes this.
  8. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Sale pending

9. Interspace Station

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Sold, thanks for looking!

10. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Me happy with Gib SG Bass. Time to rattle some balls!