1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2014 Sadowsky MV5-PJ Metro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DrewFolkadelics, May 13, 2018.

1. DrewFolkadelics

DrewFolkadelics Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    Price:
    $2250
    Strings:
    Hello TB!

Up for sale is my 2014 Sadowsky MV5-PJ Metro. I looked for one of these for a long time but I'm not playing enough to justify keeping it around these days. It is a very light 8lbs., 7 oz. (according to the TB posting I bought it from - and it does feel that light to me). Extremely minor amount of player wear. Near-mint/great condition. Includes clear stick-on protector on the back side.

$2250 Shipped CONUS in a great condition quality SKB case. Not looking for trades - sale only.

Previous sale here: SOLD - One Sadowsky PJ5 or the other - Metro or NYC

PM with questions/offers. Thanks for looking.
    IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg IMG_0316.jpg IMG_0317.jpg IMG_0318.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. elkkid2

elkkid2 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Rio Vista, Ca
    Sweet!

3. jondiener

jondiener Just trying to serve the song. Gold Supporting Member

I have a 2009 version of this exact bass - it slays everything in its path. I have 6 other basses (including a 70s P bass) and the MV5-PJ gets 97% of the playing time. Whoever ends up with this will not be disappointed!

GLWTS!

feschyn, tminus10 and DrewFolkadelics like this.
  4. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    Thanks! I’m very sad to see it go. One of my all-time favorites for sure.

5. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    When your old girlfriend is single again and you’re dating someone else but still miss her. Great bass here. NYC weight on a solid body Metro.

6. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Does that P/J configuration make a big difference with the JBass configuration? I'm asking as I own an MV5 jazz.

7. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    IMO, yes. I’ve owned both and wouldn’t choose to go back to the JJ (if I was so lucky to have that choice).

feschyn likes this.
  8. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    Why so? What's better to you with the JJ?

9. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    Not sure what you’re asking... better to me with the JJ? I prefer the PJ. It gives a precision bass-style tone. I was using just the P pickup quite a bit and occasionally blending in just a bit of bridge J for some bite.

Don’t get me wrong - I like an MV5 plenty!

feschyn likes this.
  10. baxter_x

baxter_x

Nov 27, 2013
    EU
    I actually misread your previous answer. I thought you were saying you would go back to the JJ. Anyway, thanks for your feedback ;)

11. DrewFolkadelics

Dec 21, 2012
    NY
    PMs returned and post updated!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021