1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 2014 Sandberg California TT4 (Roquefort Blue/Hardcore Aged)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by u84six, Dec 16, 2020.

1. u84six

u84six Nobody panic, the bass player is here! Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2006
    US
    Price:
    $2899.00
    Strings:
    United States
    I purchased this bass back in 2014 and had to wait 8 months for it to get delivered (Sandberg only makes a certain amount per year). This particular model is both active and passive with push/pull knob to turn the active electronics on or off. As you can see, I ordered it without matching headstock (I like my headstocks to look like the neck) and with white pearl block inlays. The finish is Roquefort blue (w/white pickguard) with a hardcore aging process. Sandberg makes these things look/feel/sound like they're 30 years old, and they really do an amazing job! It plays easy, sounds warm, and can get bright if you want that too. The preamp has great tone adjustments so I can pretty much get any sound I want. As you can see in the images provided, this bass is modeled after the standard Fender Jazz before they switched to their own style. Personally, I like the Jazz look more than their later models, but I know that's a personal taste.

I'm letting this go for $2899.00 (I'm not interested in a trade), shipping not included. This bass came with the Sandberg gig bag. It's actually not a "bag" per se like some other flimsy cases. This one is sturdy, can stand up, and it's very well padded. So it's like in between a gig bag and a hard shell case (think of it like the way high quality luggage is made).

I'm getting old, so I've been slowing going through all the gear I've acquired over the years and letting stuff go. This one will definitely be a tough one to let go. Anyhow, first come, first serve.

Update: someone asked for the preamp details, so here you go:

This bass has a 2 band preamp:

Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 KHz
    Bass: +/- 15 dB @ 40 Hz
    *mids: +/- 10 dB @ 550 Hz
    Treble: +/- 18 dB @ 12 KHz

*Mid option with the three band Preamp.

Sandberg EL00034 California T-Model 2-Band EQ Preamp

IMG_4158.JPG IMG_4153.JPG IMG_4154.JPG IMG_4155.JPG IMG_4157.JPG

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  2. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Very nice. What preamp does it have? Can you post the spec sheet?

3. u84six

Nov 8, 2006
    US
    I'm pretty sure this model has a Glockenklang preamp. I don't know the exact specs of it, but I could shoot Sandberg an email. If they respond with any info, I'll update the post.

This is basically the same exact bass. It looks and sounds exactly like this (minus the matching headstock and the part where he's clipping the audio lol):

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Kmrumedy likes this.
  4. u84six

Nov 8, 2006
    US
    I've updated the post with the preamp details. Sandberg has great support and always willing to help out. ;)

Facethemusic and Kmrumedy like this.
  5. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Is this bass Master grade meaning it went through Sandberg's vibration treatment?

Jmzz likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021