SOLD 2015 Dingwall combustion 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AB Nate, Aug 27, 2017.

1. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    Listing another one. While I'm putting out options for dingwalls I might as well do this too. Maybe some of the less expensive ones sell and I decide to keep the Z or something. Ah. Who knows what the hell im doing.

Anyways, bought this beauty used. I believe I've had it for 6 months or so. Love it. It's awesome. So are the rest of my listed basses. Check my other adds and you'll see why she's going up too. Just too much for one guy. I should have made 1 mass post for all of them and, to the mods, my apologies. I didn't and still don't know what the heck I'm doing. @singlemalt, you've really got me trying to follow the logic you put down earlier but I'll never be down to just one. Ha.

She's in almost new condition with some slight blemishes from the previous owner. I'll get photos up asap of what I can see.

Beings rosewood neck I should probably keep this sale to Canada but if you know he ins and outs of getting across the border by all means I'm game to send it.

No case .No candy. Price is plus shipping.

IMG_4849.JPG IMG_4850.JPG IMG_4851.JPG IMG_4852.JPG IMG_4896.JPG IMG_5672.JPG

2. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Gorgeous... got me thinking about it

3. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    It truly is. Just a mention. I posted my NG2 yesterday morning and had a deposit by yesterday eve.

singlemalt and Sjkerz92 like this.
  4. devo1

devo1 Supporting Member

May 6, 2010
    Can't ship to the U.S.A.?

5. AB Nate

May 28, 2016

I'm just not sure it's a wise idea with the rosewood fretboard and the CITIES. Regulations.

6. devo1

devo1 Supporting Member

May 6, 2010
    I've always wanted to try a Dingwall. Let me know if this changes somehow.

7. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Sure. I don't believe it will anytime soon as they just added rosewood to the regs but you could try a different one that is already in the states or opt for a maple fretboard bass. I'm sure there is a couple on here for sale.
    Another option is you could talk to @bebass about his inventory on new ones but be warned. Usually you don't "try" a Dingwall. Lol. You end being converted to them. ;)

devo1 likes this.
  8. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Put me next on the list if you do find a way to ship to the US. Good luck with the sale!

9. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
  10. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I didn't know Sheldon utilized rosewood on any of his instruments. I love the finish on this one every time I see it!

11. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    I think he may have very rarely used it on a Canadian made.....but the combustions it was a standard option I believe until the new rules came out and so now he has ceased usage alltogether. Same with bubinga which saddens me a lot.

12. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Oh. And I love it also. It is the best Chinese made Dingwall I have ever played and it tugs at me a bit to be selling it. I played her last night. If I do part with the Z3 buckeye(which I'm trying not to) I will then opt to keep this. It's gonna be one or the other that go but not both.

13. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    I just was doing a bit of cleaning and realized I forgot to mention a couple of things.

I have put the Dunlop strap locks on her. That said, the previous owner had the rear strap point relocated, so I just added a strap pin to the existing hole. It's like extra bling I guess. :).

And here is a photo of the back.... just cuz it's perty.
    IMG_7025.JPG IMG_7027.JPG

What a beauty.

14. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Included. Your choice.
    1 of the 3 packs.
    IMG_7028.JPG

15. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    I was just playing this beauty again. It's such a killer bass especially for the price.

16. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Sad disclosure update.
    A little midi keyboard fell over last night and gaver a little kiss.
    I've knocked $25 off due to this...... as small as it is.
    IMG_7070.JPG

17. Ming_H_T

Ming_H_T

Aug 17, 2017
    Hey, how much does this beauty weight?

18. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    on the digital bathroom scale 4.2 kg or 9.25 lbs

19. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the fingerboard wood used on Combustion's was Pau Ferro (Morado), which isn't on the CITES list.

20. AB Nate

May 28, 2016

Unfortunately you are incorrect sir. This lovely is sporting rosewood. At one point that may have been the case..... or it may be now but up until last year they were rosewood.

Dingwall has definitely used pau ferro on Canadian made basses to my knowledge. I had one up until recently.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022