SOLD 2015 FBass BN5 - Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Dec 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    I am selling my extremely nice 2015 FBass BN5. This bass is marked as a 2nd due to small mineral stain on the back of the neck near the headstock. You can see it clearly in the attached photos. It is purely cosmetic. You cannot feel it. If it were any other company it wouldn't be a 2nd but it's Fbass. As a result they sold this bass for a few hundred dollars less than the regular price.
    I have priced it accordingly.
    Other than the aforementioned "blemish", the bass is mint. It has been lightly used and babied when it was played. It sounds and plays incredibly as do all FBass's. I am selling because I am looking for a more aggressive bass. I play mostly hard rock and the FBass works well for that but it is a little too polite for every day use for me. The 3 band pre on these things is incredible and highly usable. They come with a passive tone control that works in active and passive mode. The passive tone is incredible and this bass could very easily be used in passive mode all the time but the 3 band gives it incredible versatility.
    The fingerboard is a very nice birdseye maple and the finish is satiny and smooth. This bass looks even nicer in person than in the photos.

Specs are as follows

Nut Width : 45mm (1 3/4")
    Width at Last Fret 80mm (3 1/8")
    Fingerboard Radius 10" - 16"
    Scale Length 34.5"
    Number of Frets 22
    String Spacing at Bridge 19mm (3/4")
    Neck Wood 3 piece quarter-sawn Maple
    Fingerboard Wood Quarter-Sawn Birds Eye Maple
    Body Wood Northern Ash
    Tuners Chrome Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
    Bridge Chrome Hipshot B Style
    Knobs Handmade African Blackwood
    Pickups Two F Bass stacked, single coil/hum-cancelling, magnetic pickups
    Strings F Bass Stainless Steel Exposed Core

The bass weights in under 8lbs on my crumby bathroom scale. It is a very light bass and super easy to play.

Selling for $2450 shipped in North America with FBass gig bag.

I am potentially open to trades but my trade interests are pretty limited. I would be looking for only 5 strings and as mentioned above would prefer modern or slightly aggressive instruments. A US Spector would be at the top of my list. A NS2 or NS5. Also would be very interested in Dingwalls (I have a ABZ5 but a Super PJ would be amazing) and possibly a Warwick P-Nut. I prefer cash though.

Attached Files:

2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Are the dot inlays real or stickers, paint?

Tom7 likes this.
  3. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Wow.

img_0001-jpg.jpg

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    The dot inlays are real. They were installed by FBass. It is a $125-$150 option.

ThumbyAche likes this.
  5. nice bass!

6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    It's real nice like.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021