1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED 2015 Gibson SG Standard Bass Heritage Cherry with Sweet Factory Case & Original Box

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by subtlestew, May 1, 2016.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $1150
    Strings:
    Just picked this up recently, and while I love the short scale, I think I'm destined to be a Fender Jazz guy. It's got a few clear-coat scuffs from play, and around the input jack, but it's in as new condition as it was when I took it off the wall of my local GC. I changed out the strings to new chromes (which sound great, in my opinion,) and it will also come with the original rounds (in the case.) I gave it a nice low set-up, which is easy to do with the PLEK'd frets and factory Babicz bridge. It's the top-of-the-line Gibson SG, USA made, and not one of the much cheaper "faded" versions.

For full specs on this beauty visit the Gibson page on these basses.

Gibson isn't producing basses in 2016, so these are hard to find, and may have collector's value in the future as the only model year with the 2015 features, which are very nice. Amazon has two listed at $1427 right now - I'm looking for $1200 NOW $1150 shipped CONUS with the awesome case it came in and in the original factory box.

The only trades I'd be into are for USA Fender Jazz basses, though I'd listen to offers on Sadowsky Metros if you'd also want to take one of the cabs I have listed for sale in a cab-plus-bass trade for your bass. I'd jump at a USA Geddy Lee. I might possibly go for a Road Worn Jazz with cash on your end. No fretless basses - I've got that covered.

Pix:

DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0022.JPG DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0024.JPG

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Ductapeman and Tbone76 like this.
  2. Arch58

Arch58 Retro Rumble Machine Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    If this was the long scale version I'd be all over this!!!!! GLWTS!!!!

3. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Trade in the works...

4. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Trade fell through... Back on the block!

5. MrAtomic

MrAtomic Friendly Robot

Dec 29, 2014
    Austin, TX
    Just want to chime in and say that I own a 2015 SG with Novak pickups. It's sweet enough that I actually sold my other basses. The body's comfy, the neck is fast, it's light, and plays equally well with fingers or a pick. So, good luck to the seller.

WillieB likes this.
  6. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    New trade in the works!

7. subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Traded!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021