1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2015 Rickebacker 4003S Fireglo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chowderboots, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Price:
    $1300
    Strings:
    The one.
    The only.
    The legendary.
    The Rickenbacker 4003s.

The unmistakable, the irreplaceable!

I didn't expect to part with this beauty, but I am moving and need to lighten my load. I can't find a single scratch or ding since I've been really careful with it since it was purchased from the original owner here on TalkBass. This must have been one of the first runs ordered through Pick of the Rics.

Original pickups, strap buttons & everything.

Features a Fireglo finish and an exceptionally beautiful fingerboard grain, Hi-gains, a re-vamped retro-shape pickguard, a push/pull pot for the .0047uf bridge PU cap, etc.!

There is some puckering/bubbling/cracking of the finish around the fret ends. I assume the guitar came from a dryer climate and it was like this when I purchased the guitar. They are hardly visible from more than an arm's length and do not affect playability.

BONUS: I got the frets leveled and crowned at Sound Guitar Repair! Read: you can actually play it.

Have you ever tried playing a Rickenbacker out of the box from the factory? You can't! Because the frets are usually not level. Fret leveling was crucial for this instrument.

Includes:
    • Original hardshell case
    • Case candy (paperwork and warranty slip)
    • Bridge pickup cover
    • Polishing cloth
    • Pickup and bridge hex wrenches
    FREE SHIPPING!? Oh, yes. In the lower 48.

OPEN TO REASONABLE CASH OFFERS! Please message me if you have a question about the price. No trades, please!

Does not include:
    • Truss rod wrench
    • The ability to play like Chris Squire

Lemmy.
    Phil Lynott.
    Al Cisneros.
    You?

Jam on!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    smurfco, basmansam and tommyr01 like this.
  2. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    Nice looking bass, what's the weight?

3. Sorry, I haven't a clue and It's already sold on Reverb. Sad face.

smurfco likes this.