1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2015 Roscoe LG Limited Edition Standard Plus (RMLE) Buckeye Burl

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by blindrabbit, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. This is a Roscoe LG 4 string bass that I had custom built for me through Rocket Music a few months ago. I guess you could call it a Super Standard Plus, or a Standard Plus Plus, or something like that, since it takes the Standard Plus specs and adds a bunch of features that you'd otherwise have to go Custom to get. Here's the specs:

- Mahogany Body
    - Buckeye Burl Top
    - Matching Headstock
    - 3 Piece Maple Neck
    - Slim neck profile
    - Wenge fingerboard
    - Aguilar DCB pickups
    - Aguilar OBP-3 preamp
    - Black Hardware
    - 34" scale
    - 1.5" at the nut
    - 7.9 pounds (!!!)
    - Roscoe Gig Bag included

If you were to order one of these today from Rocket Music, it would cost you $2975 - or at least that's what the 2015 pricing was, it may be going up for 2016. However, you might not get as amazing a top as I did. ;)

This bass is for all intents and purposes brand new and in mint condition. I got it only a few months ago, and it has left my house just once for a band practice, otherwise it has only been played at home. As anyone who is familiar with Roscoes knows, the fit and finish is impeccable, and the tone is amazing.

So why am I selling it? Variety of reasons - I've got a bunch of bills from moving into a new house this fall, a shoulder injury has made me have to go completely to medium scale basses, and like anyone else I get GAS attacks from time to time. I'm quite sure I'll regret this sale eventually, but at the moment I'm still going ahead with selling it.

$2499 USD via PayPal gets this shipped to your door anywhere in North America (although if you are in Canada I'll knock off $50). I'll ship anywhere, but outside of North America we will have to discuss pricing. America. I do believe I've even still got the box that it came shipped to me in, so I'll send it out in that.

I'm looking primarily for a cash sale on this one to help cover moving costs, but I would consider a cash+trade deal. Some of the things I might consider include:

- Barefaced Twin cab
    - Medium scale (32-33") basses
    - Pedals...all sorts of pedals...
    - New/newish Macbook laptop
    - Maybe other stuff, just try me!

Any questions or offers - just PM! Thanks for the consideration!

image.

Attached Files:

2. Apologies for the weird way the photos are arranged....creating a thread on an iPhone doesn't work quite as smoothly as on the laptop!

3. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Amazing looking bass, GLWTS!

blindrabbit likes this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Really nice.

blindrabbit likes this.
  5. Thanks guys! I'm sure whomever picks this up will love it.

Thanks also for those who have made offers so far, but please note - the only trades I'm interested in are partial ones where a substantial amount of money is coming back to me to pay those bills I mentioned. :)

6. ...and this has been traded, thanks everyone for your interest!