SOLD 2016 Dingwall Combustion 4 String Vintage Burst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by born2lift, Jun 27, 2017.

1. born2lift

born2lift

Feb 14, 2012
    Erie Michigan
    Price:
    Strings:
    2016 Dingwall Combustion 4 string in Vintage Burst.

I bought this bass not long ago. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm just getting out of playing bass and I'm trying to raise funds for a gaming PC.

Ash body ($100 upgrade over standard Alder). This is an absolutely superior instrument over conventional basses. The E string is 36.25 inches, and it goes down to standard 34 inches on the G string. Massive tone and sustain due to the longer scaled lower strings. Also, this bass can easily be converted into an NG2/Combustion with the addition of a Tone Capsule preamp if you that is what you are looking for.

Recently put a new set of Dingwall Nickel 45-100s on it. An hour or less playing time on them.

The ash body is a substantial upgrade in terms of sustain and punch over the standard alder.

Several frets have very light marks from the strings. See pics. You can't feel them with your fingers. It's really a non-issue.

Weighs 8.4 lbs.

Comes with a Spector gig bag and will be packaged very well.

Buyer pays $50.00 for shipping and insurance.

IMG_3841.JPG IMG_3844.JPG IMG_3845.JPG IMG_3846.JPG IMG_3848.JPG IMG_3851.JPG IMG_3852.JPG IMG_3853.JPG IMG_3839.JPG IMG_3850.JPG

AB Nate, EMoneySC2 and JLY like this.
  2. Damn, such bad timing. That is a beaut.

Glwts

born2lift likes this.
  3. Ethan117

Ethan117 My instrument makes people jiggle. Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2014
    UUUUGGHHHHH.........WANT. WHY SO NICE.

Can you take this down and relist it once I graduate?

4. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Dingwall is famous for making the baddest 5-string on the market, but their 4-string basses are absolute monsters!

5. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Great deal right here. This bass shouldn't last at this price. I'd scoop it if I had some extra cash to match my 5.

GLWTS.

I warn you though the sale of this bass and the"getting out of playing" to play video games just reeks of regret. Been there.

born2lift likes this.
  6. born2lift

born2lift

Feb 14, 2012
    Erie Michigan
    Lol. I hear you. I'm keeping an lower end bass just incase.

AB Nate likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022