1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2016 Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice Bass OHSC (Free Ship CONUS)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by selowitch, Dec 18, 2020.

1. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    For your consideration is a beautiful 2016 Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice Bass in Heritage Tobacco with a rosewood fingerboard and passive electronics. I couldn’t find any noticeable defects to disclose but maybe you can find one if you look hard enough, hence excellent to mint condition. Knobs are neck volume, bridge volume, and tone. Although the pickups are P/J in shape, they are actually wired as two humbuckers, if I understand correctly. She has 21 frets and has the convenient wheel adjustment for the truss rod. The body is like a downsized Jazz and a wide range of punchy tones are available. The bridge is top-loading and the quality throughout is impressive.

This is a discontinued but highly sought-after model from the famed Southern California company where Leo Fender once worked. The feel of the neck is astounding. My scale puts this svelte four-banger at 8.25 lbs. but even if it weighs 8.5 lbs. on your scale that’s still pleasantly light so you can gig all night. An Ernie Ball Music Man hardshell case in great shape is included in the sale.

$1,500 including shipping to the CONUS. PM me if you need international shipping.

body.jpg body_verso.jpg
    full.jpg full_verso.jpg
    headstock.jpg headstock_verso.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Hoyt, Zbass82, Jimmy Hubbard and 4 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Didnt you just get this? It's beautiful GLWYS!

3. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Fresh inventory. A shrewd buyer will act swiftly.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Kukulkan61 likes this.
  4. That was quick!

selowitch likes this.
  5. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    You win some kind of an award, not sure what it is, but you won it this week. ;-)

selowitch and jmattbassplaya like this.
  6. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    An award? Great. Cash only please, no checks. :)
    It such a nice bass. I’d be crazy not to hang onto it and explore the possibilities.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  7. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I was trying to find a video of the clip where Wille E Coyote was throwing a boomerang and the glue dripped down on his hand and he couldn't throw it.

8. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Still available but won’t last long!

9. Kmose

Kmose Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Lakland, Aguilar
    But width please?

selowitch likes this.
  10. Kmose

Kmose Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Lakland, Aguilar
    Excuse me, nut width!

selowitch likes this.
  11. selowitch

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    LOL, “Butt Width” is way funnier. My number has gotten larger since the pandemic for sure.

Anyway, it’s 1.5" at the nut, like a Jazz Bass. The feel of the neck overall is amazing, including the 7.5" radius on the fingerboard and the not-too-glossy, not-too-matte oil finish on the back of the neck. The more I talk about it, the more I would rather keep the bass.

Spec and details are available here.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021