2016 Namm Bass heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    So, does anybody have the scoop on whats coming out for new bass heads? It seems from little hints being dropped here and there that this should be a good year for new heads.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Genzler

3. D_Bag

D_Bag

Feb 8, 2013
    Lawrence, KS
    I'm betting Hartke has a Class D head.

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

5. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I'm currently looking for a lightweight, high power amp, with a tube pre, that can handle a 2 ohm load. Going to try a carvin b2000 for now.

DaveAceofBass likes this.
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I see major product announcements throughout the year. This is contrary to what was seen in the past where they were reserved for industry trade shows such as NAMM. The trend is that a lot of companies are releasing products on their own schedule. Their publicity machines are good at getting word out and marketing electronically. That's not to say that new products aren't announced at NAMM and certainly they are presented at these shows. But things are changing.

I find that Premier Guitar is good at providing new product announcements, see news: RSS Feeds.

andrew and kosmicwizard like this.
  7. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I agree with that. I'm just hoping for an amp that finally ties a few key things all together in one package.

8. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Sadowsky???

9. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    I'm guessing Ampeg will show up with two new all tube amps and a cab with a 12 inch speaker....

:D

10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i'm betting it's the same ol' hooker with a brand new dress. just like before. :yawn: i want a Class H hybrid with military specs,.. bring it. Class D is for babies, anymore! :beaver:

Dug2, kesslari and xUptheIronsx like this.
  11. I'm tipping something from Darkglass based on some hints on instagram!

metallicafan18 likes this.
  12. J.D. Detroit

J.D. Detroit

Nov 12, 2015
    Detroit
    :roflmao: ATTN: Don't eat carrots while reading comments! Coca-Cola ain't got nothing on carrots up your schnoz..
    Seriously....

Any objections against putting your quote in my sig? First dibs yours of course. :D

Dug2 and pacojas like this.
  13. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    lol,.. no objections, my friend. ;)

J.D. Detroit likes this.
  14. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    I have heard the rumors as well. So I called to get in line, pressed hard for a yes or no, and was told these exact words, "We can neither confirm nor deny." Which to me means its gonna be at NAMM.

15. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Darkglass is working on some class d stuff based on some rumors and their instagram.

16. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Most definitely!

Dug2, Sandman64, 2cooltoolz and 8 others like this.
  17. ThisBass

ThisBass

Aug 29, 2012
    Germany
    BTW, congrats to your avatar "G",
    it's a very nice company logo :)

thedude77md, kesslari and dukeorock like this.
  18. QFT!

I feel your pain...

In high-school I was eating carrots at lunch and my friend said something so funny, I had all sorts of carrot chunks go where no carrot had gone before... managed to "snork" it out after repeated attempts... but my nasal passage was extremely sore all afternoon... late-late afternoon I snorked and a huge chunk came out – no wonder my nasal passage had been aching all afternoon!

Smell is one of the strongest memory triggers – 'tis a wonder I can still eat carrots today.

Well that's more info about me than was necessary and that wasn't necessarily necessary ... borderline narcisistic...

I predict Traynor will roll out nothing fancy, just more stuff that sounds good, gets the job done, at an affordable working-musician type price.

19. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The Darkglass has been announced.
    The Sadowsky SA200 is back.

bass nitro, sneha1965, GregC and 2 others like this.
  20. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    I'm waiting for the No Class amps. They would suit me.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021