1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available 2016 Upton Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by anightintunisia, Jul 30, 2018.

1. anightintunisia

anightintunisia Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    I'm sad to be putting my Upton bass on the market but priorities have changed and I no longer need this magnitude of an instrument. It's a fully carved Bohemian model with syc (maple) on flat back & sides. 41.5 string length. Eb neck. C-extension. Ribs are 8" to 6.25 with canted flat back. Solo extension fingerboard. Removable / adjustable neck.

I've used this bass in a variety of settings. It's been used playing classical, bluegrass, jazz, and everything in between. It was in solo tuning for about a year and sounded great. Currently has full set of heliocore hybrid lights. My favorite choice of strings on this bass, I’ve tried many different combinations. The bass sounds great both pizz and arco. No issues! I just don't need a bass like this anymore and I could use the extra money. Deserves to go to a good home and played regularly. Comes with a deluxe blue Mooradian case and a copper realist pickup. Please email for questions or come over and play her. I'm located in Nashville, TN. Make me an offer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    I have seen this bass in person, and it is just stunning. the epitome of Northeast craftsmanship. GLWTS.

groooooove and anightintunisia like this.
  3. anightintunisia

I’m not an arco player, but here’s what it sounds like with a bow:

Slim Pickins, Reiska, jlee69 and 5 others like this.
  4. anightintunisia

Bass is getting shipped next week to Upton for consignment.

Sam Dingle likes this.