SOLD 2016 USA Fender Dimension 5 Dlxe....simplified

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lomo, Mar 9, 2017.

1. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this from The Bass Place and love the sound.....had it up FS several months ago/ waffled.....back up FS. The exceptionally versatile, stock electronics package was fun , but I only used 1 tone/ configuration, and enjoy simple controls, so I had my local luthier rewire it in the single coil JJ configuration that's closest to 70s spacing, with a simple volume knob (tone hardwired up full). He removed the pots, batteries, pre and extra switches. It's now 9.5 lbs, which is very light for a USA Dimension 5er. I had a new custom PG made so there'd be no empty holes....it's not tort....more like faux leopard. No blemishes, issues or fretwear-very low miles. The sale includes all original hardware, electronics and the original white PG so you can return it to factory spec if you like. I installed a black, recessed Dunlop straplock receiver in the lower body edge for my bass belt (see pic); this is the only non-reversible mod. She sounds thick, full and glorious/ currently sporting Fender flats. Price is in USD.

It's currently in Montreal and a local pickup would be greatly preferred and discounted. Asked price includes shipping to most of Canada (maritimes/far north would be more) or CONUS. I can ship/ receive from within CONUS. Will consider trades +/- $ as fair for heads (especially Mesa, GK), a top shelf pedal pre/DI, EHX Bass Microsynth, Sansamp rackmount pre, Mesa Subway cab......try me :)

Paypal is fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    The Diaper Geni, Argali and G RICH 5 like this.
  2. Glurg

Glurg

Jun 25, 2015
    Is it possible to restore the electronics back to original configuration?
    *** i just read the description LOL***

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    In response to questions-here are pics of the serial number (so folks can check the year) and stock hardware. I had remembered the bridge as being the multi-slot adjustable type like my '98 Jazz 5, but it's actually different. I do not have calipers, and as best I can measure (see pic), I truly cannot distinguish between 18.5 and 19mm. It certainly feels comfy to me and i'm a "19mm guy". Perhaps this info can be had from Fender, but I cannot find it online. Hope these help.

Attached Files:

4. Jamakhai

Jamakhai

Jan 29, 2015
    Singapore
    Hi There Lomo!! Is the bass still available?
    Do u accept trades
    Regards

5. Jamakhai

Jamakhai

Jan 29, 2015
    Singapore
    Trade with a Peavey Cirrus custom 6 USA?
    Regards

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022