1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2017 Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 4H, Black with Rosewood Fretboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JZQuantum, Dec 1, 2018.

1. JZQuantum

JZQuantum Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is my 2017 StingRay 4H. I bought it brand new in 2017. I am the original owner. Never gigged. It is in like new condition.

Only played in my studio. Comes from a clean, smoke-free home. I used this bass on my last 2 studio albums. It recorded fantastically as you know and expect. I can send you a link to my website to hear it in action if you'd like. Weight is 9 pounds, 0 ounces on my Accuteck scale.

I am selling because I got a StingRay 5H a few weeks after getting the 4H. Since the 5H can cop the same tones as the 4H, I eventually found that I do not need the 4H any longer. The original plastic wrap is still on the pick guard. The bubble you see on the pick guard is in the plastic wrap, not the pick guard. All of the original hang tags are still with the bass.

Controls are: volume, treble, mid and bass.

It has zero issues. Action is currently set at medium-low. It is capable of low action with no problems. The body has no chips, scuffs, marks, scratches, dents, etc. It is in excellent condition and looks like brand new.

The back of the neck near the 11th fret got a .75" long foam rubber mark on the wood grain from resting in my black foam guitar stand (one of the $7 ones from GC). See photo of the stand that left the mark and photo of the area. The wood is not dented in that area and is smooth to the touch. Needless to say, I do not use this stand for any of my basses anymore. You do not see the mark from the front and it does not affect playability or comfort.

Includes original case and all case candy. Case is in like new condition.

Price is $1,000 including shipping to the Continental U.S.

I looked around on the 'net and found for sale older StingRay 4H basses with cosmetic issues on the body going for more than my asking price; some sellers are not even including free shipping.

I prefer cash but I *might* be open to trades. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you have to offer. Some potentials are: EBMM Caprice, EBMM Cutlass, or 6-bolt neck G&L SB-1 with plus or minus cash or straight up trade. Condition must be excellent, the same as my bass. Sorry, I am not looking for Jazz basses.

01 Front Close. 02 Back close. 03 Front. 04 Back. 05 Headstock. 06 Headstock rear. 07 Weight. 08 Fretboard full. 09 rubber mark from stand. 10 Stand. 11 Case closed. 12 Case open. 13 Candy.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  2. JZQuantum

Oct 12, 2008
    No one is interested in getting a super nice 'Ray? I prefer to sell right here on TB, but it is looking like I'll have to sell this one on reverb or Ebay. It'll be higher priced there.

Let's make a deal, please.

3. koppinjo

koppinjo Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Clarkston, MI
    PM sent!

4. JZQuantum

Oct 12, 2008
    Replied.

5. JZQuantum