1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade 2017 G & L Kiloton 5 custom shop beauty

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommyr01, Mar 11, 2018.

1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    The sound clips I’ve heard for these basses are amazing. This one seems to have all the extras, too. Looks amazing.

tommyr01 likes this.
  2. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank you!... this baby is spectacular in person, my pics do not do it justice. I'm a sucker for an ebony FB and the contrast with the pearl blocks is awesome. I was impressed with the power of the G & L pickup, this one being my first G & L

G RICH 5 likes this.
  3. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    They are powerful pickups. The 3-way toggle makes that bass. The split coil. Awesome sounds and very different from a single pickup.
    I, too, love the ebony and blocks/binding. Very classic look from a modern instrument. I have been debating a P bass and this makes me think maybe this is a better option. I like that it's simple, passive, volume, tone and a toggle (which is the key to the versatility) a 5 string with a decent B and looks sweet.

Tempting for sure. Wish they weren't so heavy. I'm spoiled by my 7.8 pound Roscoe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    tommyr01 likes this.
  4. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    All the special order aspects really give this baby a classic look, which is what I was going for. I can attest to this giving a killer P Bass sound on 'roids. I know the 10lbs seems heavy, but honestly it balances real well on my shoulder when playing. When I have used it at practice, we typically go for about 2.5-3 hours...it did not kill my back.....and I'm no spring chicken :)

5. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Updated trade options ! :)

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    :wideyed: The DJ5????? :jawdrop:

Oh, this just got serious. That was the closest thing to a keeper I ever thought I would see in your stable.

SteveC likes this.
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The trade did not happen. I got cold feet and tommyr01 prefers rosewood.

8. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I am very tempted by this bass but I think I'm going to go 4 string P for a more "classic" bass to counter my Roscoe 5 and a little less weight.
    This is an awesome looking bass and the videos I've heard sound amazing. Series mode with flats...sounds pretty "P" to me I guess. It would also be a nice passive bass to counter my Roscoe.

Waffle is my middle name.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    tommyr01 likes this.
  9. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    And that was my initial reasoning in getting this Bass was to have a great passive P-ish sounding bass, with more capabilities than a normal P...... honestly it’s tuff putting this up for sale but after getting my L2500, my current needs are met and I don’t want to let go of any other ones in my stable... I’m sure I’ll regret it down the line, as is my usual M.O.

10. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Added trade interests:

Orange OB1 500w head, Orange OB1 300w head, Orange 4 Stroke 500w

11. Up the dose

Up the dose

Mar 10, 2013
    Ohhh that is super nice! Love everything about this one!

tommyr01 likes this.
  12. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank you !!!!...the build quality is superb !!!!!!!