1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 2017 G & L Kiloton 5 custom shop * Price Reduced *

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tommyr01, Mar 11, 2018.

1. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank you!... this baby is spectacular in person, my pics do not do it justice. I'm a sucker for an ebony FB and the contrast with the pearl blocks is awesome. I was impressed with the power of the G & L pickup, this one being my first G & L

G RICH 5 likes this.
  2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    They are powerful pickups. The 3-way toggle makes that bass. The split coil. Awesome sounds and very different from a single pickup.
    I, too, love the ebony and blocks/binding. Very classic look from a modern instrument. I have been debating a P bass and this makes me think maybe this is a better option. I like that it's simple, passive, volume, tone and a toggle (which is the key to the versatility) a 5 string with a decent B and looks sweet.

Tempting for sure. Wish they weren't so heavy. I'm spoiled by my 7.8 pound Roscoe.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    G RICH 5 and tommyr01 like this.
  3. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    All the special order aspects really give this baby a classic look, which is what I was going for. I can attest to this giving a killer P Bass sound on 'roids. I know the 10lbs seems heavy, but honestly it balances real well on my shoulder when playing. When I have used it at practice, we typically go for about 2.5-3 hours...it did not kill my back.....and I'm no spring chicken :)

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    :wideyed: The DJ5????? :jawdrop:

Oh, this just got serious. That was the closest thing to a keeper I ever thought I would see in your stable.

SteveC likes this.
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The trade did not happen. I got cold feet and tommyr01 prefers rosewood.

6. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I am very tempted by this bass but I think I'm going to go 4 string P for a more "classic" bass to counter my Roscoe 5 and a little less weight.
    This is an awesome looking bass and the videos I've heard sound amazing. Series mode with flats...sounds pretty "P" to me I guess. It would also be a nice passive bass to counter my Roscoe.

Waffle is my middle name.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    tommyr01 likes this.
  7. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    And that was my initial reasoning in getting this Bass was to have a great passive P-ish sounding bass, with more capabilities than a normal P...... honestly it’s tuff putting this up for sale but after getting my L2500, my current needs are met and I don’t want to let go of any other ones in my stable... I’m sure I’ll regret it down the line, as is my usual M.O.

8. Up the dose

Up the dose

Mar 10, 2013
    Ohhh that is super nice! Love everything about this one!

tommyr01 likes this.
  9. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank you !!!!...the build quality is superb !!!!!!!

10. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille

Jun 20, 2018
    ABQ
    opps wrong thread, but cool bass!

11. VoodooJazz

VoodooJazz

Jun 8, 2014
    Northern California
    <your name here>
    You couldn't have done a better job spec'ing this bass if you were having it built for my birthday. Absolutely beautiful, and well done! I visit this listing often. GLWTS

tommyr01 likes this.
  12. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    Thank you !!!... it truly is a beauty and even better in person. I'm surprised it hasn't sold or been traded yet, but in a way it is comforting because I haven't had to say goodbye to it yet.

13. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    Just sent you a PM..

14. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    I just reduced the price for a quick sale !!!!... I found a new baby I've been wanting for a long time... so I slashed my original price !!!! This is a killer deal for a custom G & L !!!!!

15. VoodooJazz

VoodooJazz

Jun 8, 2014
    Northern California
    <your name here>
    Aiieeee! This is crazy!

tommyr01 likes this.
  16. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    I know !!!!!!... I'm pretty sure I'm insane for putting this baby up for sale !!! ;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  17. Sweet Willie

Sweet Willie

Dec 31, 2014
    NY
    Former moderator for now non-active Nordstrand Forum
    You just might be crazy for selling this one! Beautiful. :thumbsup:

Somehow I missed this thread early on or I might've nabbed this beauty (I'm a sucker for candy orange hues) before picking up a Kiloton 5 while on vacation earlier this summer -- ash body, ebony board w/ blocks, black satin body, black guard... I love mine.

This is no doubt a nice catch for somebody.

tommyr01 likes this.
  18. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Wow, still here. Stuff is really moving slowly these days. Still like this bass - and my wife does as well.

tommyr01 likes this.
  19. tommyr01

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    I have noticed that lately. Having the wife approve of a bass you re interested in always helps ;):bassist: