1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2017 Guild Starfire II Reissue w/Novak Pickups-Repost

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassman8416, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Price:
    $1395
    Strings:
    Hi, I am having a new Modulus TBX5 being built for me. That's going to cost a lot of money. So I regretfully have to sell my basically new Guild Starfire II. I have purchased 2-67 Starfire II's and kept this because it sounded as good or better than the actual vintage 67'. Plus its new...great frets no issues.
    I purchased neck and bridge Curtis Novak pickups and had them installed. I do not have the original pu's which were ok, but not nearly as amazing as a Novak bisonic. I put over $600 in upgrades on the bass, not including labor. Youm might have read about the issues with intonation and the stock bridge. I replaced it with a metal Guild bridge....sounds even better cuts through in the mix nicer and can have properly intonation with any type of string.
    Priced to sell at

$1395 Shipped !!!! IMG-0570.JPG IMG-0571.JPG IMG-0572.JPG IMG-0573.JPG IMG-0574.JPG

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. Bassman8416

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York

Icculus and silvertone like this.
  3. DrewinHouston

DrewinHouston I'm the one on the right Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Disclosure: I am not a great bass player
    Beautiful bass!

4. Pimpernel Smith

Pimpernel Smith Supporting Member

May 25, 2012
    In the Pond
    A very nice bass. Where on Long Island are you? How would you compare the differences in tone between the OEM Bisonic pick ups and the Novaks?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  5. Bassman8416

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    I am on the east end....Calverton.

6. Pimpernel Smith

Pimpernel Smith Supporting Member

May 25, 2012
    In the Pond
    Are those T-I jazz flats on it? What length fits this bass? Who installed them - Tony at NY Music?