1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 2018 Custom Dingwall NG3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassheart365, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Price:
    $1850
    Strings:
    This NG3 is in as-new condition. I just purchased a Le Fay bass so I need to thin the herd. This is a very special NG#. It has been professionally upgraded to included features found in the more expensive Canadian-made Z3 model. Maurilio Mina (aka "Mo") of Nortstrand Audio professionally installed a toggle switch for each of the pickups so you can chose between parallel and series internally (same with the Canadian models), and a rear flush mount straplok was also installed, just like on the Z3 model, giving you the option of easier neck reach if you don't have long arms, along with flush mount straploks in the normal locations. Mo also replaced the original 4-way pickup selector switch with a 6-way, which gives you more choices - including bridge-neck selection, just like the Z3 models. (The original selector switch will be included.) Also, this bass comes with a Dingwall case, like the Canadian-made basses. I will also include two custom Mike Quick pickguards to sweeten the deal even more. The mods, pickguards, and case would cost over $500 if purchased separately, making this a $2,600 bass. No trade offers please.
    $55 shipped to CONUS.
    Here is information about Maurilio:

Carey Nordstrand and Maurilio Mina

Bass photos:

15431711861944. 15431711862255. 15431720018680. 15431711862566. 15431711861483. 15431711859730.
    Mo mod1.
    qg1. qg2.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. PeaveyPlayer

PeaveyPlayer Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Any interest in trades ?

3. BassBH

BassBH

Mar 25, 2017
    Calgary, AB
    I just got an NG3 and it's amazing. The only thing that could make it even more amazing is this mod. I'm not sure those who haven't owned an NG3 would understand. If you're thinking about getting an NG3, do the research and understand what flexibility and range this mod will give you.

Good luck on the sale. I doubt it'll last long now that you put the ad back up.

4. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    Thanks Brother. Yeah, you gotta know Dingwalls to appreciate what I've had done to this bass!

BassBH likes this.
  5. snake23

snake23

Dec 3, 2006
    Does this still have the darkglass preamp? If each pickup has its own series-parallel switch than what does the 6-way rotary switch do?

6. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    Yes. Dark Glass Tone Capsule. Stock. The 6 way switch is a pickup selector. It has nothing to do with the internal switching of the dual coil pickups. Same as the stock pickup selector except two more selections. The most important of which is a bridge-neck combination, like a Fender Jazz. The factory selector does not offer that choice.

7. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    What are the positions for the 6 way switch?

I'm assuming neck solo, bridge solo, neck+bridge parallel, middle+bridge series, and two others?

8. Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    The six positions are:
    middle solo
    bridge-middle (series)
    bridge-middle (parallel)
    bridge-neck (parallel)
    neck solo
    bridge-middle-neck