1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 2018 Lakland 55-94 Fiesta Red/Tort pickguard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BTBOTTOM, Nov 26, 2018.

1. BTBOTTOM

BTBOTTOM Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm selling my like new 2018 Lakland 55-94 Custom 5 string. It's in mint condition. With the exception of a single cosmetic change the integrity of the bass is as I received it when I custom ordered directly from Lakland last year. The head stock has been stained to fix a white and blue paint job I did. Short explanation: I play in the band Blues Traveler and we play Red Rocks every 4th of July. I painted some blue and white stripes on the head stock a week before the show. Thought it would be cool. Unfortunately my twin 4 year olds discovered the bass while it was drying and proceeded to get their nosy little fingers all over the paint job. In a hurry, I just sanded it down and stained it to get it done. Not the best or worst looking thing but that's why it's stained brown. It could easily be painted to match the fiesta red or not. The only other adjustment is the placement of the strap pin as illustrated in the picture. The bass is 100% Lakland and built in the USA. It plays great but I just had a couple custom basses built by some luthiers and didn't play it on tour this summer. I'm sure someone else can get a lot more use out of it. It comes in the plush new Lakland case it was sent to me in. Feel free to email me with any questions. This bass is the bomb and very unique with the fiesta red finish and tort guards. Whomever ends up with this will be quite happy.

Attached Files:

2. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Nice bass! And Blues Traveller kicks ass man!

3. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

Even with that headstock that is a hell of a steal. Did you end up playing this bass at Red Rocks? I saw a video on Axis of one of your shows there but don’t remember seeing this.

4. BTBOTTOM

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    I did have at red rocks this last year. It’s a sweet bass. I just don’t use it. I have a couple customs that are my go to basses

BigRedBassPlayer likes this.
  5. Drkwdsman@yahoo

Drkwdsman@yahoo Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Birmingham
    Tad, I would love to buy it, but currently trying to sell a Lull P5ver myself. That is a fantastic price and a cool story to go with it. It would look nice next to my golden age ‘98 55-94.

GLWTS and always love watching you play in the ‘Ham.

Z

Jimmy Hubbard likes this.
  6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Nice unique color on a great bass!

7. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Love the Fiesta Red!

8. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    How much does this bass weigh?

9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Man, the story alone is almost worth the price of admission! Wish i could justify another bass.

GLWTS!

dcr

10. PapaChad

PapaChad Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2018
    North Carolina
    Is that case the original hard shell case? Do you happen to have the weight? Very tempted.

11. BTBOTTOM

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    yes. original hard shell. bass weighs 9.4 lbs.

12. BTBOTTOM

Jan 31, 2016
    Nashville
    I got the bass new from Lakland at the end of June. It came directly from the factory. Everything on it is stock 2018 american made 55-94. peace.