1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD 2018 NAMM G&L Custom Shop JB4 trade for Fender P or J

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Scarlet75, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Scarlet75

Scarlet75 Gold Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    I have this listed for sale elsewhere currently at $1699. I am interested in trades for Fender P or J basses - 70s basses, MIA, comparable quality precision or jazz basses from other manufacturers (Lakland, Sadowsky, Lull, etc.), or MIJ preferred. No MIM (unless it is a 2012 MIM Antigua), fretless or 5 strings. I am also very interested in vintage Fender bodies so if you have a vintage body in this price range I'd be happy to consider. Here's the details on this one:
    image15 - Copy.jpeg image14.jpeg image1 - Copy.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image6 - Copy.jpeg image7 - Copy.jpeg image8.jpeg image9 - Copy.jpeg image10 - Copy.jpeg image11 - Copy.jpeg image12.jpeg
    2018 G&L Custom Shop JB 4 String Fretted Electric Bass in Turquoise Metal Flake Urethane in excellent condition. Built for display at the 2018 NAMM show. G&L custom shop instruments are rare and the quality of these hand made instruments easily rivals boutique instruments costing way more. This is a beautiful JB Bass, that plays effortlessly with incredibly low action, and has tone for days but you probably already know that if you are looking at a custom shop instrument from the home that George and Leo built. A truly remarkable instrument that was custom built in Fullerton California. This Bass features a lightly factory aged Turquoise Metal Flake Urethane (One-off custom) finish and a hard-rock maple neck with a satin vintage tint finish on an alder body. The fretboard is a beautiful Chechen and has some nice color variation in it. The fretboard radius is a very comfortable 9.5 inches. The passive electronics feature G&L JB Alnico 5 Single Coil Pickups. You won't find a nicer example of a custom shop jazz bass at this (or any other) price point. Please see the photograph of the spec sheet for the specifics of the build. This bass also features a Zero-Mod thumb rest (which is removable and, as the name suggests, uses the original holes to avoid additional holes in the body). It also has a custom made silver flake pickguard from Mike Quick but the original mint pickguard is included as well. This bass will ship in its Factory issued G&G G&L Custom Shop hard shell case with all keys, case candy, blank warranty card, etc.
    I am new here but have been selling on eBay and Reverb for many years. I can provide you with links to my feedback profiles on those sites so that you can see that I have a flawless feedback rating spanning (in the case of eBay) 20 years.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. brstma

brstma my dog is an awesome dog Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful! If this had a maple board I'd have a mess to clean up :smug:

lowdownthump and Scarlet75 like this.
  3. Scarlet75

Thank you. It is a beautiful bass. FWIIW, I'm a sucker for maple boards myself but this "Caribbean Rosewood" is pretty darn nice too. I just don't get to play this one nearly as often as my 70s Fender J basses and it deserves to be played!

4. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Whoa. Very Nice!! Glwts.

Scarlet75 likes this.
  5. Scarlet75

Thank you.

6. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Weight?

7. Scarlet75

9lbs even on the digital bathroom scale.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021