1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

US: Northeast 2018 New England / New York GTG will be Sunday, Oct 14, 2018 !!!

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by TonyP-, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    *IMPORTANT UPDATE*

It is with great sadness that the planners of this event announce its cancellation. The venue was broken into last night. The place was completely destroyed. It is now the scene of a major investigation and is completely closed off to the public. The venue management and the organizers on talkbass offer our sincerest apologies to those who planned to attend today, especially those who traveled a great distance to get here.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

The 2018 New England (and New York) Bass Players Get Together will take place on Sunday, Oct 14, 2018 from 11AM to 6PM. It will be at the Epik Live Event Center at 1593 Newport Ave, Pawtucket, RI.

Food will be served (and included) and a full (cash) bar will be accessible. There will be vendors on-hand to demo the latest and greatest in gear.

Come hang out and bring your basses, effects, etc. There will be amplifiers and headphone amps available at vendor tables for you to plug in. Please leave your amps at home, as we need to control the volume.

The cost is $20 and you can pay via cash, personal check or Paypal To AJ Brown (Pay Wing Bass using PayPal.Me). Payments are due Oct 01, 2018 so we can have an accurate headcount by then.

We will be making more announcements about vendors and other details as we get closer.

We look forward to seeing all of you there!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018
    mbluto, TomB, BryanB and 13 others like this.
  2. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    w00t!!! :bassist::hyper::bassist:

TonyP- likes this.
  3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I'm in, as long as @wintremute is emceeing...

... sounds like a great time, and we'll worth the price of admission!

armyadarkness and TonyP- like this.
  4. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Very cool!

TonyP- likes this.
  5. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    If @wintremute decide to come out, He could stay with me...:thumbsup:

wintremute and Spidey2112 like this.
  6. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Curious about @wintremute 's screename.... my daughter's name is Wyntre :)

7. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Its an old Slavic surname in origin, something that refers to hunting creatures not of this world...No wait, sorry...I'm mixing that up with something else. Poop...I can't remember now, I need coffee...Sorry I was confused for a second...I'm sure He can join in...BTW wintremute is awesome, love that dude.

wintremute, Spidey2112 and Kriegs like this.
  8. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Looking forward to this one!

Kriegs and TonyP- like this.
  9. bonin in the boneyard

bonin in the boneyard Supporting Member

Sub'ed.

Awwwww yisssssssss mother@#$%ing gear!

TonyP- and Kriegs like this.
  10. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I'm overdue for an east coast trip... Yel_wink.

TomB, armyadarkness and TonyP- like this.
  11. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Wintermute

T_Bone_TL likes this.
  12. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    I may be hosting the Southern Montana Elk's Lodge Autumn Spectacular on that day. Let me check my calendar.

Passinwind, Florinda4 and Spidey2112 like this.
  13. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    :laugh:!

14. Kriegs

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    THAT'S why it sounds so familiar!!! I haven't read Neuromancer in ages! Thanks for the reminder to revisit an old favorite :thumbsup:

wintremute likes this.
  15. wintremute

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Are you a sponsor or a coordinator?

TonyP- likes this.
  16. Nick von Nick

Nick von Nick Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Upstate NY
    My wife and I will be in Worcester, MA the night before for the Ne Obliviscaris show. Because this is about 45 minutes away, she has already demanded that I go! The timing is TOO perfect.

Let me know as details emerge!
    ~Nick von Nick

17. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I'm helping AJ it's his ball so-to-speak I have worked with him on a bunch of events.

18. Spirit of Ox

Spirit of Ox Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Chelsea Mass
    It's an hour drive for me so I'll go.

Andy Brown likes this.
  19. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    Hmmm, maybe I can make this one. No doubt my partner will know more people than I would. (She grew up in the RI music scene.)

20. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Hey, my birthday……
    ...except I'm out west. :-(