1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2019 Cheapest/Best Bulk 4-String Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Chvasta, May 13, 2019.

1. Chvasta

Chvasta

Sep 5, 2018
    Atlanta
    I've been a huge fan of the "3 packs of Hartke Transient Attack Medium Bass Strings for $20 USD" for the last, uh, forever. These strings got a lot of hate, but I fell in love with them as they stayed bright for a long while, they were stable & tough as nails, and they were CHEAP. They've changed the line to HX, and they're TERRIBLE, rubbery feeling (keep stretching, not staying in tune, and don't intonate very well) w/ cheap, and gross silk wound ends - yuck. hartke.
    Where are the deals? GC used to sell 3 packs of GHS Bass Fatties for $20, but they stopped.
    Just strings bulk? Comes out to be about $11.50 a set 50-105.
    Anything else? Secret deals? Thanks!

2. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    Musician's Gear Nickel Rounds are $8.99 from GC. I've been using them for years and they are well worth it. Don't break easily and stay bright for a while. I sweat like crazy and I've just played 3 gigs and all rehearsals in between with the same set and they still feel and sound nearly new.

Chvasta likes this.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    tindrum and Chvasta like this.
  4. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Musician's Friend and GC (same company) offer only a 5 string set; no 4 strings.

5. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    Well heck, I hope they keep the 5's. I would trade my G's for your B's

6. Chvasta

Chvasta

Sep 5, 2018
    Atlanta
    I got a in a shipment of Just Strings' Stainless steel 6x bulk (105, 80, 75, 50) strings. I've always used nickels, so far I'm pleased with these (roughly $12 a set shipped) enough to probably try another bulk order of nickels.
    Curious, are the Musician's Gear strings wrapped at both ends? Thanks!