For Sale 2019 Kiesel 5 String Bass (LB5),W/ Aguilar pickups & electronics -- mint condition.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Robert Cecchini, Nov 24, 2021 at 5:37 PM.

1. Robert Cecchini

Robert Cecchini Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Delaware
    Price:
    $2000.00
    Strings:
    United States
    An eye-catching buckeye burl top custom built 2019 Kiesel LB5 Bass with Kiesel/ Carvin soft formed case. This bass is world class and is in pristine condition. It is active/passive, with Aguilar AG 5SD-D4 Super Double Bass Pickups ($300.00 option) and with Aguilar electronics 3-band active tone controls let you shape your tone. Additional sound tweaking is provided by a stacked pot knob for bass and treble boost/cut, a single midrange push/pull knob that allows you to select the center-mid frequency of 400-800, as well as 2 push/pull-style volume knobs for selecting the single or double coil mode on the pickup. These Aguilar pickups feature two rows of Alnico V pole pieces creating a thick yet articulate tone, complete with hum-canceling performance. A perfect blend of strong dynamics and rich complex overtones. In addition to neck-thru construction included graphite-reinforced 2-piece, deep-inset , strings can be top-loaded (strung from the bridge),or back-loaded ( strung thru body from back side of bass). It's 34" Neck is 5 piece maple; Ebony fretboard w/ white pearl inlays/ "14 fretboard radius/ Black hardware/ Headstock matches body wood/ Logo on headstock is custom gold metallic.
    Had this Bass given a professional (Arpeggio Music of Drexel Hill, PA) set up with Fodera Nickel .044 to .125 strings and Brass nut installed (Original in bag) for greatly improve sustain, clarity, tone, brightness and tuneability. This is a top quality instrument, that is at least as competent as any of the ridiculously priced boutique basses out there today. The build quality and material used, allows its outstanding playability, and (again), it's world class sound.
    LB5 Standard Specs
    BODY Alder With Buckeye Burl Top
    BRIDGE Hipshot™ A-Style
    CONSTRUCTION Neck-Through
    DIMENSIONS 45 3/4" Long, 13 1/2" Wide, 1 5/8" Thick Body
    ELECTRONICS
    18V Active, Volume, Pickup Blend, Stacked Concentric Bass And High Frequency, Stacked Concentric Mid Frequency And Sweep; High-Impedance Input Circuitry And Active Volume Pot
    FINGERBOARD 14" Ebony
    FRETS 24 Stainless Steel Medium-Jumbo, .103 Wide X .048 Tall
    HARDWARE Black
    INLAYS Dots
    NECK Tung-Oiled Maple with Buckeye Burl headstock IMG_0058.jpeg IMG_0058.jpeg IMG_0045.jpeg IMG_0047.jpeg IMG_0048.jpeg IMG_0049.jpeg IMG_0052.jpeg IMG_0057.jpeg
    TRUST Two High-Strength Carbon-Fiber Reinforcing Rods And Fully-Adjustable Dual Action Truss Rod
    NECK WIDTH 1.51" Wide @ Nut, 2.5" Wide @ 24th Fret
    PICKUPS Aguilar AG 5SD-D4
    SCALE LENGTH 34"
    STRINGS Dunlop Medium-Light Nickel Roundwounds
    TUNERS Kiesel Guitars Premium Tuners, 20:1 Ratio
    WEIGHT 8.8 Lbs
    This is a sweet deal similar KLB5 bass on R is selling for $2800.00; its not this nice and there is no brass nut installed or Setup with Fodera Nickel strings!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021 at 12:31 PM
    dave64o, Mechanical, brstma and 3 others like this.
  2. Robert Cecchini

Mar 23, 2018
    Delaware
    As a Christmas special I'll even pay for ground shipping. If you'd like it sooner you pay the difference for Air.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:46 AM
  3. Robert Cecchini

Mar 23, 2018
    Delaware
    Here is a sound bite (sorry but you have to wait 2 mins for it to appear!) for this 2019 custom Kiesel LB5 Bass:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:07 PM
  4. Arch58

Arch58 Low Frequency Thumper Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Love my Kiesel, very underrated basses!!! GLWTS!!!

Robert Cecchini likes this.
  5. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Beautiful looking and sounds great! If my Wilkins sells and this is still available I may be in trouble!

6. Robert Cecchini

Mar 23, 2018
    Delaware
    I had lived out in LA and SD for years; was good friends with Tim Bogert (Vanilla Fudge). Missed seeing him in the end (Covid restrictions) because I lived in Delaware the past 10 years to take care of my wife's parents. I had a friend in the CANG who lived in Agoura Hills nice place but lots of traffic like the rest of CA. Any way let me know it is a great bass, very clean and yes it sounds great!

7. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I'm a Cali native...been in Agoura Hills for about 21 years. I love it here. Still giving some serious thought to the Kiesel...damn fine looking and sounding bass.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2021