1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 2020 Fender Aerodyne Jazz Body - Black/Unloaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by maverick49, Sep 28, 2020.

1. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    Price:
    United States
    Up for sale is a beautiful 2020 Fender Aerodyne body in excellent-mint condition. Picked this up as an unloaded body from Stratosphere with the intent of a leftover parts build but to be honest, I've changed my mind about this particular configuration. Nothing wrong with the body at all that I could find. I will include the brand new aftermarket "boat" output jack that I purchased for it

Description: Official Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass Body- 5 lbs, 0 oz- Carved Rounded Top- Genuine Fender
    Color: Black (Bound, Satin Finish)
    Condition: Mint
    Year: 2020
    Country/Make: Japan

$240 shipped CONUS

Trade interest - Any color unloaded Precision body

20200928_153308.jpg 20200928_153308.jpg 20200928_153339.jpg 20200928_153412.jpg 20200928_153500.jpg acvigspinapsu9r4opu8.jpg jtlre8tjdwuq3cjrqop4.jpg pvzv66x9z0hgy0okbzca.jpg zxr7xmefiptx0awr0fnm.jpg

2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do these have any contouring on the forearm area or is it flat like a slab body?

3. onamission

onamission Supporting Member

From the Fender website:

highlight-electric-deluxe-slim-body-carved-top.jpg

6tzguy, sunbeast and maverick49 like this.
  4. maverick49

maverick49 Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Southern California
    No arm cutout but as you can see the top is arched.

sunbeast likes this.
  5. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks! Definitely tempted

maverick49 likes this.
  6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I have a 'Dyne. If you rest your forearm heavily into the top, it will dig in. I just compensate by lifting my elbow a little so it just grazes the edge, much like playing an acoustic guitar or bass. It might cause a little discomfort in your right shoulder at first, but once you build up a little strength and endurance there, you should be fine.

Another way to look at it is if the ergonomics were impossible to adapt to, the series wouldn't have been kept alive for over fifteen years.

7. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    I got a body just like it. I added a Geddy Lee maple blocked and bound neck to it and some EMG’s, I love it! The maple complements the body binding and the black blocks and binding compliments the black body! Sounds great, plays great and I get lots of compliments on it’s looks.

Attached Files:

8. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I was thinking of doing the same exact thing, but I have enough "projekts" on my plate already. :rolleyes:

6tzguy, maverick49 and JEDI BASS like this.