Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

210 & 115 or 410 & 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Angelo, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Angelo

Angelo

Jan 12, 2002
    I want a nice full,well-defined sound.
    Will a 115 & 210 do?
    Will i be covered from top to bottom?
    Or should i get a 410 & 115?

2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    You may want to think about a 4x10 + 2x10 combination. Most 4x10s and any good 2x10 (SWR Eden, Aguilar etc.) have better power handling and frequency response than most 1x15s and together will give you a great full range, articulate sound plus a lot of flexibility. Small gig = 2x10, bigger gig = 4x10, really big = both. It works well for me.
    It really depends on your personal taste and the sound you like.
    If you're really set on the 1x15, I'd say go for the 4x10. I can't imagine not having one anymore.
    These are just my thoughts, thanks.

3. Everyone knows what my vote is...

[​IMG]

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Good Taste My Man!

Me Too!

[​IMG]

5. Gil Escalera

Gil Escalera

Jan 17, 2002
    Upland, CA
    DOH!!

No pic but I have the same two cabs.

Eden D-115XL
    Eden D210XLT
    :D :p ;) :cool: :)

I even have a Lakland 5 string (of course mine is only the Skyline 55-02 w/quilted maple sunburst though)!

6. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    115 Peavey Black Widow and 210 Peavey TXF cabs with a Peavey T-MAX head.

Sounds great, excellent quality and easy on the wallet....it gives me more money left to buy another Rickenbacker, probably a cheyenne five string this time !!!

7. (2) 15"
    (2) 10"
    Bi-amped.
    A real pain to haul around.

I really like the bottom end, but want to audition an Eden D410 to see if I can live without the bottom in exchange for something easier to haul, and less to haul.

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Me too...nice artwork...I'm getting my film developed soon!!![​IMG]

9. midlife

midlife

Nov 21, 2001
    I had an Eden 210XLT and a Eden 115XLT. I got rid of them both and now run one Bergantino 310. It by far has more clarity, punch, bottom, and power handling capability than the two Eden cabinets together.

Alot easier to haul around also. Just one cabinet that does it all instead of two cabinets. The funny thing is that the Berg is almost identical in size to the Eden 115XLT. I use the Eden cover for the Berg cabinet. What you pay for the two Eden cabinets you can by the Berg.

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Of your stated choices, I would opt for the 210/115 unless you're playing really large clubs. I also own the Eden D115XL/D210XLT configuration and it works well, especially with the Eden WT400. These days, however, I get a great full-range sound out of one cab, the Epifani T212 driven by an EA iamp 600. Easier to lug around, too.

11. I use Ampeg cabinets. I much prefer the sound over any of the others mentioned here. No slam, just personal. I also run either an Ampeg SVT-III or a Peavey Firebass II head.

I have 2 1x15 cabs, 1 2x10, and 1 4x10. I use them in various combinations with my two heads depending on where I'm playing and what bass I'm using. More often than not, it's a 1x15 teamed with the 2x10. But the others get a good workout too.

You really need to try them for yourself. Everyone has different tastes and requirements so no matter how much the rest of us like our rigs, you may not.

Good Luck.

12. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    No offense to any of the great rigs you guys have, but I think 10s have gotten so good that a 1x15 doesn't get you much that a good 2x10 wont. So I agree with mjmorgan, and I don't have any 15s any more. Also, personally I prefer one good 4x10 to the 2x10 plus 1x15 combination.

Most recently, I prefer my pair of Epifani 1x12s to my 4x10, so I'm right there with boogiebass on that. There's a reason that 12s are making a comeback, they're a good compromise all around.

14. No offense taken bben. Everyone is entitled to their likes, dislikes and opinions. And some people even like Neru suits, and Edsels, and even watched the Partridge Family. Yep! We're all entitled to our opinions. Things come, and things go, and some things just seem to endure.

15. I've got an Ampeg PS-210 (? is that right? it's the pro 2x10...) and will hopefully get the pro 1x15 Ampeg soon...can't wait for my W2!!!

16. boobinga

boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Yeh man, way cool, like I wear my Nehru jacket and bell-bottoms every Friday!